PDA

View Full Version : Asian nCode nSix-One Tour 90

[ GTR ]
10-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Hi everyone I'm new to the forums,

I dunno of this has been discussed yet but here it goes.

I live in Australia, New south wales and there is a tennis pro shop in Burwood that sells the Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90 (Euro version) and weighs 340grams un-strung and I think has the same specs as the U.S one.

This is also sort of a rant as I was quite ****ed of at a guy who wanted to sell me the Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90. The guy was chinese with poor english and was selling a Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90 on e B a y. Please note* that the racquet he's selling it "Brand New" I've asked him a couple of questions like, what are the specs, grip size.. etc. But most importantly I asked him is it 340grams or 320 grams printed on the racquet, he replied with a yes.

I was delighted as I wanted another Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90. I finally drove there, I also brought mine to compare it and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. He came out and opened the nCode case and and I saw that the leather grip was more orangy than brownish-orange as if it was painted or something. I was getting a little suspicious about it being fake. The butt cap didn't really look genuine along with the leather grip. I read the throat of the racquet and 320grams!?!?! I was like WTF? I specifically asked you if it was 340grams, and he said "Oh, sorry I didn't check it". I mean how can you answer a guy's question who's wanting to buy your racquet for sale without even checking. I didn't even bother checking the conditions of the racquet since I knew it was the asian version. He then proceeds to talk me in to buy it like, "Oh, you look small and I think the racquet is already too heavy for you". I was just thinking GTFO.

So my point of this was to ask any of you guys with the Asian nCode nSix-One Tour 90 if it does look different to the U.S/Euro versions.
*Does the paint job look a little lighter than the U.S/Euro versions?
*Does the racquet feel like plastic or a similar material? Because that was what it felt like compared to my Euro version.
*I've read from somewhere the Asian one plays really similarly compared to the U.S/Euro versions but is it that different with all the details I've mentioned above?

I've come to the point, where I think the differences of the Asian Wilson nCode Six-One Tour90 compared to the U.S/Euro versions are the paintjob is a lighter red. On the e B a y page where he auctioned it I got mine to compare and I couldn't tell why mine was a darker red colour and even in the bright lights I couldn't get it to the right colour. Unless anyone can comfirm that the asian one is exactly identical to the U.S/Euro versions in paintjobs, etc...

Thanks for reading everyone since this was quite a long post.

baros
10-03-2006, 06:07 AM
the new racquets have more of an orange colour leather grip.
________
Yamaha XS750 specifications (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_XS750)

BreakPoint
10-03-2006, 11:47 AM
The Asian version should be identical to the US version except for the weight and balance. Same paintjob, grip, etc. However, any differences in shade of red or the leather could be due to them being produced at different times and/or fading from being exposed to the sun, extreme temperatures, etc. for prolonged periods of time. But beware, it could also be a fake. There are a lot of fake nCodes floating around e-Bay, especially from Chinese sellers. If it looked suspecious, I would pass on it.

[ GTR ]
10-03-2006, 02:15 PM
The Asian version should be identical to the US version except for the weight and balance. Same paintjob, grip, etc. However, any differences in shade of red or the leather could be due to them being produced at different times and/or fading from being exposed to the sun, extreme temperatures, etc. for prolonged periods of time. But beware, it could also be a fake. There are a lot of fake nCodes floating around e-Bay, especially from Chinese sellers. If it looked suspecious, I would pass on it.

My Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90 is about 367grams strung and with an overgrip. My first racquet is the Wilson nCode nSix-One Team 95, the lighter version which is about 300grams strung and with an overgrip. The Asian nCode nCode nSix-One Tour 90 actually felt lighter than the Team version when the Asian one is supposed to be around 340grams strung and with an overgrip.

And about the lighter red paint job: there were about 5 other Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour's which all looked a bit lighter in colour, but the leather grip looked the same compared to mine, while the one I was going to pick up was so orangy. I asked all of the sellers and they said 320grams.

Thanks for your reply.

[ GTR ]
10-03-2006, 02:25 PM
I also have the link to the "fake" one and comparing it to another Asian One which looks genuine.

This is supposedly the fake one: Note* How orange the grip is and how light the red colour is.

http://cgi.e b a y. com .au/Brand-NEW-Wilson-ncode-Nsix-one-Tour-Racket-RRP-329_W0QQitemZ110040192838QQihZ001QQcategoryZ20871Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Where as this one has a more browner grip and a little darker red.

http://cgi.e b a y . com .au/New-Wilson-nSix-One-Tour-nCode-Federer-Tennis-Racquet_W0QQitemZ190036518463QQihZ009QQcategoryZ20 871QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

darkblue
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
to save $$$ on "new" racquets...

TW is the way to go..