PDA

View Full Version : Roddick using 16g Pro Hurricane Tour?

TripleB
10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Does anyone have any theories about why Roddick would use the 16g version of Pro Hurricane Tour instead of the 17g?

Is durability a problem with this string or is it just that he plays better with the 16g?

TripleB

Ripper
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Does anyone have any theories about why Roddick would use the 16g version of Pro Hurricane Tour instead of the 17g?

Is durability a problem with this string or is it just that he plays better with the 16g?

TripleB

It's very rare for a pro to use 17g, but I don't know why, exactly.

Rafa's best friend
10-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Roddick uses 16 g because 17 gauge would not last him more than 3 games if that, amount of topspin he uses versus what a amateur would put on the ball is about 10-12 times more. And i saw Andy using some kind of white string in his racket in Vienna, Did he go back to his old Pro hurricane?? What is going on? His strings are all white Now????

eunjam
10-14-2006, 10:34 PM
he uses 16 cause he wants to.

at that level, you can play and get sponsored by ANYONE you want.

....let me rephrase that.

at that level, you can get PAID by any racket company/string company to use their stuff.

you're gonna have to ask andy why he uses 16 instead of 17.

everything else is hearsay and guesses.

ask richard parnell, he would probably know.

he has all the connections to all the players.

andyroddick's mojo
10-15-2006, 01:52 AM
16 g strings also give you less power and more control. Nadal had a blog where he got a racket at practice strung with a higher gauge and balls were flying everywhere he didn't want them to go.

Fist
10-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Uses them because he likes the way they play. Simple as that. Pros only use rackets for a couple of hours in practice, and change them at least every other ball change in matches. Roddick will not routinely bust Hurricanes in three games. In fact, I would bet that he couldn't break them routinely in three games if he tried. Yes, these guys put a ton of spin on the ball, but it really isnt a ton more than a good club player. And in some cases, its less. Spin does not make the player...