PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Ball Machine Users -- "Ball Machine Drills" by Joe Dinoffer

varuscelli
10-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed here before (and perhaps belongs under "Tennis Tips/Instruction") but since ball machines are discussed in this forum for the most part, here goes:

I was doing a bit of research in trying to find a DVD version of Joe Dinoffer's "Millennium Tennis" video in which ball machines are used to demonstrate various tennis drills. (I've seen this only in VHS format.)

I e-mailed the folks at Joe Dinoffer's website http://www.oncourtoffcourt.com and asked them about the availability of the DVD version. I was told that the contents of that video had been combined with another ball machine program into a new DVD called "Ball Machine Drills" (Joe Dinoffer).

I had not seen reference to that instructional DVD before, so I thought I'd pass it along here. I know quite a few people have asked about ball machine drills, so thought this might be of interest. Don't know anything about it other than the title and description, though.

Here's the direct link to the page for the "Ball Machine Drills" DVD at their site:

http://www.oncourtoffcourt.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=13&idproduct=259

Anyone else have any feedback on that DVD?

billyboybeacon
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I have never seen the video but I would pitch in $10.00 to buy it..if we get 4 people I will buy it, burn copies and send it to everyone..I would like to see how to get more from my ball machine..

pmata814
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I've been looking for something like this for a while now. The only problem is I've seen a lot of Dinoffer's videos on the Tennis Channel and I don't like them. I wonder if this would be any better? I guess I could just risk the $30 and see.

varuscelli
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I have never seen the video but I would pitch in $10.00 to buy it..if we get 4 people I will buy it, burn copies and send it to everyone..I would like to see how to get more from my ball machine..

Wish I could offer a different comment on that, but as a photographer my understanding and adherence to US copyright laws is something I treat a bit differently than lots of others do.

These guys make their livings in part by selling these DVDs (like I make my living producing photos) and just like it hurts me when people copy and reproduce my work without permission (and without paying), I suspect it would hurt these folks just as badly. I never understood that concept very well until my living started depending on it, though. Still, that would be an outright violation of US copyright laws, and thus illegal.

(Not trying to pick on your post, billyboybeacon, just stating the facts as I understand them. Because of the way I make my living, it's a personal question of ethics as much as it is question of legality.)

varuscelli
10-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I've been looking for something like this for a while now. The only problem is I've seen a lot of Dinoffer's videos on the Tennis Channel and I don't like them. I wonder if this would be any better? I guess I could just risk the $30 and see.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick one up. If you want to wait for my review (or if someone else beats me to it and reviews it), that would be another way to go. I'm curious, in any case.

billyboybeacon
10-05-2006, 05:27 AM
nevermind......I have been using dvd shrink so long I forget it's not legal

varuscelli
10-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Well, I have a copy of the "Ball Machine Drills" DVD on the way.

Once I've got it, I'll give it a review here for anyone interested.

pmata814
10-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, I have a copy of the "Ball Machine Drills" DVD on the way.

Once I've got it, I'll give it a review here for anyone interested.

I also wanted to get the DVD. A review would be great! Thanks!!

varuscelli
10-05-2006, 09:02 AM
I also wanted to get the DVD. A review would be great! Thanks!!

Yeah, I'll do that. I talked to the sellers on the phone yesterday when I ordered the DVD. I told them I'd refer some folks their way if the DVD was good. But you might want to wait for my feedback. I'll give it an honest rating, but I don't want to encourage anyone to buy it just to buy it (especially just because I said "it's out there"). If it's well conceived and has good content, I'll let you know. If otherwise -- I'll also let you know. ;)

I'm actually expecting it in a couple of working days. They said they thought I'd have it by this weekend (maybe Friday), but we'll see how fast it actually ships and gets here.

mikenpat
10-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Super - I just got my SP - 4 this week and am looking for drills to make the most of it. Looking forward to a review.