PDA

View Full Version : NXT on Prince O3 Tour

tingxpops
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I dont know if this is the right place to put this but my mom is kind of ****ed that i break my strings on this racket once a week or once in 2 weeks with the nxt. what is wrong with this racket? or is it the strong. I hit pretty paced balls. anyways, whats the reason i keep breaking strings on this racket?

Valjean
10-04-2006, 03:17 AM
It's the racquet.

BiGGieStuFF
10-04-2006, 03:25 AM
I usually broke NXT Tour 17 in like 2-3 weeks and at the time I played like 2 times a week. Good string, fast tension loss, poor durability.

FH2FH
10-04-2006, 06:23 AM
You're not playing w/ 17g are you? Try NXT 16g Max. I'm a string breaker too and it lasted me about 2X as long as NXT 17g. Use only 16g string w/ this racquet. Then go w/ a poly if that doesn't work. I'm shearing polys now (not cool, lol) so I may go back to kevlar, which is a nasty feeling.

I hear this racquet will make a string breaker out of anyone. The more I play, the less necessary it is to use a "spin friendly" racquet. You can get spin with the tightest patterns if your strokes allow it.

Valjean
10-04-2006, 09:20 AM
And, in addition to trying out NXT Max, you should install string savers. Fact is, though, too, you may have the wrong racquet for your game...

LttlElvis
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Heavy pace, NXT strings, and O Ports all contribute to the string breakage. If you are going through one set a week, I would suggest you invest in a stinging machine.

When I was in high school, I also went through a set a week. I bought a stringer and it paid for itself within a couple of weeks. Since I was careful stinging my own rackets, my strings seemed to last alot longer too.

Greg Raven
10-05-2006, 04:59 AM
Are you talking about the O3 Tour Midplus? I get great string life out of my O3 Tour Midsizes.