PDA

View Full Version : Banned Substances: Tour de France victory rescinded!

Camilio Pascual
08-04-2004, 12:30 PM
PARIS (Reuters) Lance Armstrong's 6th Tour de France victory will almost certainly be rescinded. In a pre-dawn raid by French authorities at least 3 banned substances were confiscated from the American cyclist's hotel room and positively identified by French authorities: soap, deodorant, and toothpaste.

bigserving
08-04-2004, 05:18 PM
That is so wrong. I soon as I can stop laughing, I will have a reply for you!

thejerk
08-04-2004, 07:15 PM
At least they didn't find the razor he used for his legs. Could have been even more trouble.

speedofpain88
08-04-2004, 10:03 PM
I always knew there was something shady about Lance. He keeps himself clean ... an unfair advantage over Ulrich and Basso. I bet he's been doing this every year, he should lose all of his titles!!!

Cypo
08-04-2004, 11:57 PM
That's amazing !!! French authorities identified toothpaste, soap and deodorant ???

(oooh la la - je suis bien mechante !)

Joe Average
08-05-2004, 05:23 AM
That's funny. But cycling is such a dirty sport. It makes baseball look like girls' field hockey. And the cheating in cycling is so much more sophisticated than any other sport. Not that long ago, transfusions were in vogue. Also, not that long ago (just before Indurain won five straight Tours), a Spanish rider (Delgado?), I believe, won the Tour while testing positive not for a banned substance, but for a substance that's only use is to hide one of the banned drugs. Fortunate for him, that drug wasn't on the list.

PusherMan
08-05-2004, 08:09 PM
In a pre-dawn raid by French authorities at least 3 banned substances were confiscated from the American cyclist's hotel room and positively identified by French authorities: soap, deodorant, and toothpaste.

LMAO!!! Camilio...you've done it again, although I think your facts may be a little off. I heard the banned substances were actually courage, heart, and loyalty.