PDA

View Full Version : Similiar to Gamma TNT2 16?

pNoyr3D
10-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Hello, I am currently using the Gamma TNT2 16 strings on my M-Fil 300. The strings have already been starting to move already and are loose, I have been using them for only about 1 month. They don't seem to last very long but I love the strings, power, and control on the strings.

I am looking for a string that is very similiar to the Gamma TNT2 16's but has way better durability.
-------------------------------
I was looking around TW and I saw these gamma strings, the GAMMA Synthetic Gut 16. They are very cheap $3.50 and they say that they are "Exceptional all around performance and playability for the cost. One of the most popular 16 gauge strings ever. " The thing that really attracts me is that it's cheap and comes in RED, lol.

Does anyone know if this string is similiar to the GAMMA TNT2 16 or better?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACGAMMA-G16.html

Ripper
10-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Hello, I am currently using the Gamma TNT2 16 strings on my M-Fil 300. The strings have already been starting to move already and are loose, I have been using them for only about 1 month. They don't seem to last very long but I love the strings, power, and control on the strings.

I am looking for a string that is very similiar to the Gamma TNT2 16's but has way better durability.
I was looking around TW and I saw these gamma strings, the GAMMA Synthetic Gut 16. They are very cheap $3.50 and they say that they are "Exceptional all around performance and playability for the cost. One of the most popular 16 gauge strings ever. " The thing that really attracts me is that it's cheap and comes in RED, lol.

Does anyone know if this string is similiar to the GAMMA TNT2 16 or better?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACGAMMA-G16.html

They, surely, have less playability. TNT2 strings are supposed to be very nice, when fresh. However, they're unfamous for not staying that way for long.

muggy
10-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I actually just went from the Gamma syn gut 16 to the TNT fusion 19.

The syn gut plays pretty much the same as any other syn gut, I really like the freshly strung TNT fusion 19, I had lots of spin and really good control. It's beginning to lose tension now, I'm starting to hit more flat because of it (not that bad of a thing, I used to hit much flatter so I'm getting in a lot more power shots). I had it strung pretty high, 62, so right now it's actually pretty nice, especially on my 1hbh.

The syn gut moves as much as the fusion does now that it lost tension, but is much harder to move back into place. I really hate how both of these string sets move a lot (I use an open string pattern o3 white), and it was particularly annoying with the syn gut 16, althought the string played fairly decent. As much as I liked playing with the fresh TNT fusion, I think I'm gonna switch to a poly, probably luxilon as everyone and their mom is trying it. I don't care too much about the stiffness, the o3's are pretty cushioned as it is.