PDA

View Full Version : Do the perforations in a replacement grip actually help absorb sweat

weed
10-06-2006, 09:39 AM
I know that's what their supposed to do but I don't wanna get a perforated gamma hitech grip and find out it doesn't absorb sweat better than a regular hightech grip

PatrioT
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
i have the same problem, my hands sweat like crazy when i'm playing. i tried all those ultra-absorbant things but they dont really work that much better. i was pleasantly surpirsed when i switched to wilson pro overgrips. they helped a lot. they have a great feel and really absorb sweat. try them out

sloe_torture
10-06-2006, 01:48 PM
The perforations don't help absorb sweat as much as help the sweat evaporate. When the racquet isn't in use the perforations allow the grip to air-out, helping to limit the odor factor from sweaty grips.

Virgilio
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
During summer, the only useful thing I could do to stop my racquet from slipping, was gauze. Tried replacement grip only, tried various overgrips, but nothing worked better than gauze. If you give it a try, be sure to wrap it above a very very thin overgrip with very little overlapping. Will play well.