PDA

View Full Version : Question about tension for hybrid setup with RDS 001

gfdoto
10-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I'd like to try a hybrid at some point with my RDS 001 but I have a question about the tension. I'd like to try poly (SPPP) in the mains and syn gut (Gosen OGSM) in the crosses, but since Yonex recommends a 5% drop in the cross and SPPP recommends a 10% drop in tension, does that mean my cross should actually be 5% higher than my mains? Thanks for the help.

snoflewis
10-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I'd like to try a hybrid at some point with my RDS 001 but I have a question about the tension. I'd like to try poly (SPPP) in the mains and syn gut (Gosen OGSM) in the crosses, but since Yonex recommends a 5% drop in the cross and SPPP recommends a 10% drop in tension, does that mean my cross should actually be 5% higher than my mains? Thanks for the help.

very good question. i don't think anyone can really help you here, but i would recommend that you still have the crosses a couple lbs lower. so rather than doing the full 10% drop in tension, maybe drop 5% for the mains, and another 5% for the crosses....

nickarnold2000
10-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi, I just picked up 3 new rds oo1 90 rackets and have luxilon power rough for the mains and technifiber biophase 17 as crosses. All I did was drop the lux by 10% and then lowered the crosses another 5%(as yonex recommends). It's a sweet set up. It did take an extra string job to figure all this out thou! I just love the "thud" sound that this racket makes! Mains 55 crosses 53

gfdoto
10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks! I will give that a try.

Redflea
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
FYI...I've had my old RDX mids strung consistent tension mains and crosses, and w/the 5% drop on the crosses, and could not tell the difference. YMMV, but I don't think the 5% drop really makes a significant difference...