PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Strings

Lleytian3
10-06-2006, 06:52 PM
I've been hearing that luxilon provides a lot more bite and spin on the ball. But i dont know which ones to get. Like which type of luxilon provides the most bite and spin. Is it the big banger rough? or the TiMO?? or the ALU??

ShcMad
10-06-2006, 07:16 PM
I've been hearing that luxilon provides a lot more bite and spin on the ball. But i dont know which ones to get. Like which type of luxilon provides the most bite and spin. Is it the big banger rough? or the TiMO?? or the ALU??

Well, it's all a matter of preference when it comes to strings.

Most pros who use Luxilon these days use either Big Banger Original or Big Banger ALU Power. Both strings come in two versions: the regular and Rough. The Rough one's texture is different. Luxilon "claims" that it provides more spin. However, I thought that the BB Original Rough was way stiffer than the regular version. The BB Original is a 16 gauge string, while the ALU Power is a 16L gauge, which is thinner than a 16, but thicker than a 17 gauge.

The TIMO comes in 17 gauge and 18. TIMO is probably the best in the spin department, but I personally thought that BB Original and ALU Power provided better overall performance.

Luxilons are said to be bad for people with arm problems because of its stiffness. Pros say that while it is stiff, it puts a ton of spin on the ball. Since pros have very fast swings, the string aids them in keeping the ball in the court while providing good pace. If you have arm problems but want to use Luxilon, try hybriding it with gut or syn gut.

Tiger Paw
10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
or string it very very looose

jackson vile
10-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Do understand that if you get this string you are maxing out string life around 4 weeks.

I recomend the latest generation polys

PBODY99
10-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I second the point about string life. I've found that unlike the pro's who wear out a stringing inside of a few hours of hitting, too many of the people I service opt for the polys to stretch out the time between stringingss. After three to four weeks, non gut strings are dead & can be quite hard on your arm. :cool:

Will888
10-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey I'm gonna bring this thread back to life!
But you should really go to this site. LUXILON (http://www.protennis.us/ExpertDisplay.asp)
you can ask any question to the stringing pro for the luxilon company. I asked one you can too.

ty slothrop
10-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I second the point about string life. I've found that unlike the pro's who wear out a stringing inside of a few hours of hitting, too many of the people I service opt for the polys to stretch out the time between stringingss. After three to four weeks, non gut strings are dead & can be quite hard on your arm. :cool:

Pbody, where do you play/string in PHilly? I just moved down from Princeton