PDA

View Full Version : Restringing hybrid

dannyboy7
10-07-2006, 06:10 AM
I am recovering from a painful wrist.

Once rested and recovered I am going to get my Flexpoint Radical MP restrung.

I normally have Rip Control, but the following hybrid has been suggested by my tennis racquet shop:

Babolat Excel Premium on the across strings and Hurricane (sorry don't know which one) on the down strings.

I normally go for bang in the middle of suggested manufacturer range (52 to 62), however I may go slightly looser.

Any comments on the hybrid and looser setting?

TalkingTennis91
10-08-2006, 03:43 PM
If you're looking for comfort and ease on the wrist, I'd go with a Natural Gut (like Babolat VS Gut) in the mains (up-and-down strings), and a poly (Like Babolat Pro Hurricane) in the crosses (across strings). This way of stringing will provide you with more comfort and playability than having the poly in the mains. Good luck!

dannyboy7
10-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I am now confused, your saying the soft string in mains (up & down) and the hurricane in the across.

That's completely opposite to what the racquet shop said.

Have you any comments about the looser setting?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Broadway
10-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Danny i had pro hurricane and xcel premium on my yonex rds 001 and didnt think much of it maybe it would have been nicer at a lower tension i had it done at 58lbs but since then ive had it strung in natural gut and its alot nicer all round...

dannyboy7
10-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks for advise.

Can you confirm:

Soft - Across
Hurricane - up/down(main)

Broadway
10-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Yep thats what i had...

PBODY99
10-14-2006, 10:54 AM
I would stay away from a POLY hybird !!! The RIP strings are a soft multi and there isn't any way for a poly in either direction to give you a extremely joint friendly sting bed. To reduce the number of variables, bottom of the tension range, same string or use Natural gut.:cool:

psp2
10-14-2006, 11:43 AM
If you want comfort, you should stay away from using poly for a while. I'd go with a full multi or a multi (M)/syn. gut (X) hybrid.