PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDX 500 Tie-offs?

Discovery660
10-07-2006, 09:20 AM
I just had one of my rackets strung, and it has only 2 tie-offs. (Places where knots were made). My other RDX MP has 3. Did they mess up? Will this affect how the string feels/plays?

jcstennis
10-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Disc... have you ever done a hybrid stringing on your RDX MP? If so what did you use for the mains and at what tension and the same for the crosses? thanks... sorry i can't answer you knot question.

________
jcstennis

PBODY99
10-07-2006, 09:35 AM
[SIZE="5"] It should be strung two peice. If you had examined the 3 knot job, one of the knots was a double. You should ask that the stringer follow the factory reciommended pattern, as it could void your warranty,.
that said,, if they used an around the world pattern, the frame is not subjected to undue stress.[/SE]

Court_Jester
10-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I just had one of my rackets strung, and it has only 2 tie-offs. (Places where knots were made). My other RDX MP has 3. Did they mess up?
Yes, they did. Yonex recommends that you use 2-piece stringing on RDX 500 MP. One-piece stringing for this racquet is not even listed in the USRSA stringing digest. How in the world did they come up with 3 tie-off knots?!

Will this affect how the string feels/plays?
Probably not but this kind of stringing puts more stress on the frame.