PDA

View Full Version : Any Feedback on the IQ Elite?

MTChong
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Any feedback on the IQ Elite string from ProKennex? The price for a reel seems pretty attractive so I was wondering what you thought of it. I know a couple months ago, there was no info on this string, but I'm hoping there is some feedback on it now.

goblake14
10-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I have it strung (17g) in one of my Flexpoint Prestiges and I'm rather impressed. My closest comparison would be NXT, but IQ Elite is better...and cheaper. The IQ Elite seems to have better power than most multis and although I can't comment on the durability as of now, it seems like it will hold up pretty well. It's basically a slightly-improved multi, for less than most premium multis. Plus, the silver fleck looks really cool. The reel's price is very enticing, seeing as how it is less than a reel of Reaction or Attraction. My suggestion: buy a set, see how it plays, and then make a call on buying the reel or not. I am assuming you string for yourself, by your mention of a reel.

MTChong
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
I have it strung (17g) in one of my Flexpoint Prestiges and I'm rather impressed. My closest comparison would be NXT, but IQ Elite is better...and cheaper. The IQ Elite seems to have better power than most multis and although I can't comment on the durability as of now, it seems like it will hold up pretty well. It's basically a slightly-improved multi, for less than most premium multis. Plus, the silver fleck looks really cool. The reel's price is very enticing, seeing as how it is less than a reel of Reaction or Attraction. My suggestion: buy a set, see how it plays, and then make a call on buying the reel or not. I am assuming you string for yourself, by your mention of a reel.

Your assumption is 100% correct in that I do own a stringer. When it comes time to order, I may put my money down for a set to try - I just hate having to order again for a reel and pay shipping again.

MTChong
10-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Anyone else try this string?

SW Stringer
10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I tried the 1.30mm IQ Elite. On a new racquet which had just played a month with Gosen Polylon SP, the PK string survived 30 seconds of warm-up . . . the string snapped at the grommet (shear failure) between 1R and 1L mains. Nothing wrong with the grommets. I strung a friends racquet with the same stuff - we'll see what happens there. Only other strings that I've had a similar experinece with were Gamma Live Wire and some cheap natural gut from India - all snapped within minutes of first use. I've also got some IQ Elite in 1.24mm which I'll try next. At this point I'm real wary of the stuff.