PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a Head iS6

Raymond A.
10-08-2006, 11:28 PM
What type of strings is best suited for this racquet?

SteveI
10-09-2006, 03:14 AM
What type of strings is best suited for this racquet?

Hi,

1st off.. you are not going to get a whole lot of help on this one on this site. The racket is made for players with slow, short swings and is considered a game improvement frame and will not get much play on this site. Now ask what string for a Wilson PS 85 or Head PC 600 and will get many fine responses.

Butttttt... From the specs..and I know a few players that hit with this frame.. I would say a soft string at mid tension. The flex (If you can call it that) is over 70. Nat gut would be great or NRG2. Poly or Kevlar would mean the end of your arm. It also seems to play well with a softer syn gut like PSG or Frorten Sweet. I am sure of the "Professional and Home Based" stringing business folks will have experience with the frame. A very popular frame with many (older/doublesplayers) but not on this site.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Valjean
10-09-2006, 03:22 AM
I think Wilson's NXT *OS* (Wilson makes NXT in several flavors now), which is a multifilament meant for oversized frames, and is a bit firmer, plays well in this one. Your iS6 is stiffer alright, but its lightness makes for a faster swing speed.

SteveI
10-09-2006, 07:01 AM
I think Wilson's NXT *OS* (Wilson makes NXT in several flavors now), which is a multifilament meant for oversized frames, and is a bit firmer, plays well in this one. Your iS6 is stiffer alright, but its lightness makes for a faster swing speed.

Hi,

The NXT OS is a great match for is6 and it holds tension better than most of the NXT line and is still quite soft. If you have a faster swing speed you will need to increase the tension to the higher end of the range to help you maintain control over you shots or increase your topspin. BTW are we talking about the midplus or the O/S? In any case the MP has a RA of 77 and the O/S is 70 so a soft string is advised.

Regards,
Steve

Raymond A.
10-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the help.