PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Enduro

FedBlake
10-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Can someone please give me the scoop on wilson enduro. I am thinking about trying it. Is it similar to any other string as far as playability goes. Dwell time, spungy, etc Thanks

aussie
10-09-2006, 11:57 PM
I don't think you can get Wilson Enduro Mono from TW, but I love this string. I use it in my TT Screams and am about to string up my O3 Red with it. Best to string at a lower tension than you use for syn or multis, and you'll find it is comfortable, pockets the ball well and maintains tension well. In spite of stringing at a tension some 10% less than normal, the string movement is very minimal.

andyroddick's mojo
10-10-2006, 01:04 AM
i believe the enduro line is classified as an average poly, but softer then most polys. Average spin, average power, etc. Wilson does not carry any high quality polys like luxilon, or babolat.

Hoot
10-10-2006, 06:38 AM
I used Enduro Tour 17g in my PD and liked it very much. It was not harsh and had a good feel to it and produced a good bit of spin.

PBODY99
10-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Wilson is the US distributor for Luxilon. The Enduro Tour does string up much like any of the co_polys.:cool:

Radical Shot
10-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I used Wilson Enduro Gold in my PS85 as the main and it feels great when combined with a cheap nylon cross! It doesn't move, feels and plays like a regular poly and lasts a very long time. I tried not to like this string, but so far my prejudices are not holding up.

So far it seems to me that this string offers a great "rip it" feel - meaning you can really take a big cut at the ball, while providing a fair bit of power and comfort. I wouldn't say that there is any noticeable dwell time different from any other poly, but the softness does lean toward this sensation a bit.

The Enduro Gold is a big fat plastic feeling string that's a dog to string a full job with, but in a hybrid with something else as a cross makes a solid choice for a main that's going to go the distance.

..oh, and it looks kinda cool when the sunlight hits it and it gives off a golden sparkle.