PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reliable stringer...

rod_b
10-10-2006, 05:22 AM
in the San Gabriel Valley (CA) area. Anyone know of one or a good shop?

Valjean
10-10-2006, 08:52 AM
You can scout for one at the USRSA web site: http://www.racquettech.com

jmk2888
10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
in the San Gabriel Valley (CA) area. Anyone know of one or a good shop?

I will usually buy my strings at TW and have Chicks Sporting Goods (Pasadena) string them for $9.99 labor only or Sport Charolet in Arcadia Mall.

There's so many places in San Gabriel Valley, if you would like a USTA certified stringer, ask for John at:

Racquets Rackets
(626) 447-2895
411 E Huntington Dr Ste 106
Arcadia, CA 91006

Racket Doctor is the worst place to get your racket strung.

steve s
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
get your own machine

rod_b
10-10-2006, 11:05 AM
get your own machine

I'm planning on it...but it might be a while before I'd consider myself a "reliable" stringer. :p

I will usually buy my strings at TW and have Chicks Sporting Goods (Pasadena) string them for $9.99 labor only or Sport Charolet in Arcadia Mall.

The guy that my friend trusted at Sport Chalet in Arcadia is gone now. I was gonna try Chicks in Covina but I saw a half strung Babolat sitting on the machine while the guy was around helping with other stuff. No thanks.

Raquet Rackets huh? Thanks. Found out the hard way about Racket Doctor. :(

jmk2888
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm planning on it...but it might be a while before I'd consider myself a "reliable" stringer. :p

The guy that my friend trusted at Sport Chalet in Arcadia is gone now. I was gonna try Chicks in Covina but I saw a half strung Babolat sitting on the machine while the guy was around helping with other stuff. No thanks.

Raquet Rackets huh? Thanks. Found out the hard way about Racket Doctor. :(

Actually it's Raquets Rackets, but yeah I found out the hard about Racket Doctor. Thier price are really good on equipment and supplies but do not string your racket.

John and Julian are USTA certified stringers, they used to follow Pro on Tour to string Rackets.....

They also adjust rackets (tweak), Lead, balance etc.....

They're in the Tony Roma plaza on Huntington Drive.