PDA

View Full Version : Stringing NXG Mid+ or any racket that has 16X20 pattern

Thunnus
03-07-2004, 05:46 PM
It looks like all 16X20 rackets require you to do one-piece string job only. I have figured out how to string with two piece string job with Pure Conrol but I have not found a way to string my new NX Graphite Mid+.

I would really appreciate it if someone would let me know if it is possible to do a two-piece job on the Prince NXG Mid+.

Steve Huff
03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Try using an around-the-world pattern.

Hawaii 5.0
03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
The NXG Mid can't be strung 2 piece unless you share one of the throat holes used for tie off on the mains for the crosses as well(can be done), but I don't know if it's that good for a frame or if Prince will allow it. As far as doing it one piece without doing it bottom up for the crosses I suggest rather than the traditional ATW or box pattern which usually involved grommet enlarging(can't be done with the Prince More Performance Construction,without putting the frame at risk since the grommets are premade with no grommets to enlarge.By the way the NXG Mid is 18X20 and should be done this way imo.Do the SS mains as you normally would and the LS mains only do 8 mains and begin the crosses and when you get to the bottom the last cross shoud end up on the LS where the last main is missing and can be done last.I like this becuase it doens't require grommet enlargement, allows for outter mains to be tie offs,makes use of original tie offs, and top down stringing.Not all 16X20 patterns suggest s 2 piece, but I'm not as sure on the MP string pattern so I'll check and post tomorrow if you can do a two piece or if it's like the Mid.

gjones
03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
If I read your message correctly you are looking for a two piece method. USRSA has this for two piece.

PRINCE Tour NXGraphite MP 20'x18' 55-65 16x20
Start mains at Head
skip 7T,9T & 7H,9H
main tieoffs 8H
start crosses 7H
end crosses 7T
cross tieoffs 6H,9T

Note: Grommet 10H has two holes in a single barrel. One string per hole required.

Currently you can access the USRSA website: www.racquettech.com
with a temporary password you might want to look under Tools then Digest Search.
You can then search for string patterns by Company and Model.

Hope this helps