PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Racquets unstrung....

YEMntFtb
10-11-2006, 02:21 PM
I have like 5 frames that I've left unstrung because I'm not in season with the team right now...if I don't string them up will the heads warp...or am I okay leaving them unstrung for a few months?

-YeM

MotoMD
10-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Nope, you'll be fine. Racquets ship unstrung and stay that way a long time, no problems there either.

Sebastien
10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
I have no knowledge about warped frame but I will answer logically.

Why would the heads warp if there is no pressure (string)?
How do you think racket shop are doing keeping racket unstrung for months...
And if you are not going to play anyway, don't string them.

westy
10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
leaving them unstrung will not warp or damage the rackets in anyway. it is leaving them strung for long periods of time that is slightly dangerous. but some believe it is only when th strings are broken it has an effect as there is not an even spread of tension along the head. so dont worry about leaving your rackets unstrung :)

YEMntFtb
10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Should I take all the strings out of the broken racquets?

goblake14
10-11-2006, 03:32 PM
For the sake of the frames, take all broken strings out of racquets. The frames may warp if broken strigns are left in.

Ripper
10-12-2006, 06:43 AM
I have like 5 frames that I've left unstrung because I'm not in season with the team right now...if I don't string them up will the heads warp...or am I okay leaving them unstrung for a few months?

-YeM

Actually, you got this the wrong way around; raquets should be stored UNSTRUNG, precisely to reduce the risk of warping.

prestigen
10-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Should I take all the strings out of the broken racquets?
Why? They are already broken, right :)

jonolau
10-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Why? They are already broken, right :)
It's a matter of semantics, but I also drew the same conclusion as you did.

However, I assume he's referring to broken string ... :)