PDA

View Full Version : hybrid string recommendations

AUSSIEEEEEE
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi,
I have a Dunlop M-Fil 400 and am wondering if anybody has some good hybrid stringing recommendations for such a racquet. I like to be able to generate lots of topspin, and have lots of control. I don't know if my tennis rating would help but even if it would i don't know it. I am 16 and on a highschool JV team and our JV team last year was better than most schools Varsity that we play.

onkystomper
10-12-2006, 02:34 AM
I really like Klip Xplosiv It comes pre sold as a hybrid. (although if you buy a set of each it works out cheaper & you get 2 string jobs)

Tensions are really a personal pref. But start mid range and then work up or down a couple of lbs with each string jobuntilyou find what you like.

jonolau
10-12-2006, 09:32 PM
This should be quite a powerful racquet, and I would be inclined to string it for control. If you're adventurous, it would be possible to string this with a full poly job and not lose too much power or comfort.

AUSSIEEEEEE
10-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks for your responses,
on my last racquet (Lm Radical OS) i used to string way lower tension 55ish but my first string job on my m-fil was 61 and i feel like i want it higher. I have read around a lot, and saw lots of people commenting on a sppp and gosen og sheep micro hybrids so i am gonna try that out, and i guess i could try full poly after that, i will tell how i like them.:mrgreen: