PDA

View Full Version : wilson H2 recommendation

sara
10-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Which strings are good for this racquet and how much tension for a not very strong female. I have no clue about this. Thanks.

bsandy
10-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I'd start out with some synthetic gut 16 at 62 lbs.

See how that plays, and then ask again with what you like and don't like about it. It's really hard to tell with out you having some court time with the setup.

. . . Bud
BSandy@yahoo.com

Valjean
10-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Look in that H2's throat; it's likely there is a string recommendation and that it's for NXT, a Wilson string. That's the best way to begin. As for tension, as a self-confessed "not very strong female," you should have it strung at the low end of the racquet's 55-65 lb. range; I'd recommend 57. Wilson's NXT comes in several varieties, though, too; if you can get NXT OS, made for your oversize frame, take it and lower your tension request to 55...

PBODY99
10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
If you don't break strings, I would start with Prince Sny 18 at the mid tension.
Too powerful ? Go up to a 17g version@ +3 pounds. Too harsh? Then try a multifilament @ the same mid tension. If the strings break too quickly(less than 3 weeks IMHO) go to a 16g solid core. NO POLY :cool: