PDA

View Full Version : Annoying String problem

ajspurs
10-12-2006, 07:44 AM
ok, so i just got my pro hurricane tour strings delivered, i opened the box and it spurung out, now its all tangled and ive tried for an hour to roll it back up, i can untangle but just cant get it back in box, will i need to buy another set? If i gave it to a stringer would they be able to string it despite it not being rolled up like i got it?

Thanks a lot for any help.

jonolau
10-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Why don't you contact the company that you bought it from? It was obviously either a packing issue or shipping issue.

One of the problems with trying to untangle and recoil the strings is that you could kink it.

jj300
10-12-2006, 08:35 AM
how is that a packaging issue? Babolat strings are packaged in plastic packages. They are not secured with a tie or anything. If you opened it and now are trying to put it back in, its nearly impossible. Get it organized and secure it with tape or something. Next time open the package right before you are about to string. I bet you opened it to feel the shape of the string. I wanted to do the same but didn't want to fight with putting the string back in a coil. Lesson learned!!

jonolau
10-12-2006, 08:43 AM
I once received a 660' reel of string in the mail and the package was obviously crushed as the plastic reel casing was cracked very badly. Part of the string became uncoiled and it was near impossible to roll it back up or uncoil the remainder as the string would get caught in the splintered edges.

The seller sent me a new replacement reel with no questions asked.

ajspurs
10-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Cheers for info guys, I once received a 660' reel of string in the mail and the package was obviously crushed as the plastic reel casing was cracked very badly. Part of the string became uncoiled and it was near impossible to roll it back up or uncoil the remainder as the string would get caught in the splintered edges.

The seller sent me a new replacement reel with no questions asked.

cool, well, i bought mine from TW, so maybe something will be arranged, it was all packaged well though, but the string could have been contained better, its just annoying because i waited so long for them to come then they get messed up straight away:( oh well.

jj300
10-12-2006, 09:49 AM
jonolau,
your reel situation is different from the posters, unless he is taking about a reel also and not the individual plastic "boxes" that babolat packages some of their strings in. The reel should be replaced but the box like I said before, is designed to hold the string once, and not opened and then reused to put the string back in. I'm sure tw will solve the issue but its important to remember that many babolat strings come this way and you don't want to keep opening the packages just to see how the string feel because it will be impossible to put the string back in, unless its on a reel on in a plastic bag.

Richie Rich
10-12-2006, 09:57 AM
ok, so i just got my pro hurricane tour strings delivered, i opened the box and it spurung out, now its all tangled and ive tried for an hour to roll it back up, i can untangle but just cant get it back in box, will i need to buy another set? If i gave it to a stringer would they be able to string it despite it not being rolled up like i got it?

Thanks a lot for any help.

did the string spring out of the cardbaord box that TW used to ship you the string? or did you open the actual string pack? of course the string is going to uncoil if you open up the packaging. i think all babloat strings in those square plastic boxes spring when you open them. they really should use ties to stop this from happening like most other string makers do

ajspurs
10-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Yea i oponed the babolat box, but it was the first baboloat string i bought and i didnt expect it, i just got a message from TW, they cant do anything about it, which i dont mind that much cos it wasnt there fault, they did say despite it being tangled it is a very durable string, but now my concern is that i dont wanna give it to a string all tangled up, i can straighten it up but can neatly roll it up, how can i contain it to give to stringer?

Ripper
10-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Maybe, in a larger loop. Find something cylindrical, with a diameter of about two feet. Loop the string around that. As you progress, secure it with somekind of tape. When done, slide the loop out of the cylinder... It doesn't, even, have to be cylindrical; use a pillow, for example... use your head ;)

wemic
10-12-2006, 11:25 AM
lol haha Ripper's got a good point.. isn't there some kind of famous saying that relates to this? "Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a bigger can." ...or something like that

Maybe, in a larger loop. Find something cylindrical, with a diameter of about two feet. Loop the string around that. As you progress, secure it with somekind of tape. When done, slide the loop out of the cylinder... It doesn't, even, have to be cylindrical; use a pillow, for example... use your head ;)

ajspurs
10-12-2006, 11:44 AM
lol, yea thanks for help, but i heard that when the string gets bent and stuff the place where it is bent is likely to snap, how long would this take, i dont want to string my racket with the string if im just waiting for it to snap.

Cheers

Richie Rich
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
lol, yea thanks for help, but i heard that when the string gets bent and stuff the place where it is bent is likely to snap, how long would this take, i dont want to string my racket with the string if im just waiting for it to snap.

Cheers
i've strung poly with a kink in it before. you should be ok but try to untangle the string if you can. just be gentle and take your time.

ajspurs
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
i've strung poly with a kink in it before. you should be ok but try to untangle the string if you can. just be gentle and take your time.

ok, thanks for help.

TalkingTennis91
10-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey pal, I was in your position about a month ago. Mine was Pro Hurricane Tour 17 and the same thing happened to me. Anyway, I finally got it rolled back up with the assistance of my dad, got it contained in the container it came in (definitely not perfectly), and had it put into my PD+. It was fine. Don't worry about it. When you get it back together (which will be a pain in the butt), just have your stringer do it like they always do. It'll be fine.

jonolau
10-12-2006, 08:53 PM
jonolau,
your reel situation is different from the posters, unless he is taking about a reel also and not the individual plastic "boxes" that babolat packages some of their strings in. The reel should be replaced but the box like I said before, is designed to hold the string once, and not opened and then reused to put the string back in. I'm sure tw will solve the issue but its important to remember that many babolat strings come this way and you don't want to keep opening the packages just to see how the string feel because it will be impossible to put the string back in, unless its on a reel on in a plastic bag.
No worries, jj300. I am trying to understand the terminology used here. Perhaps my perception is different. The round plastic reel "box" for my strings was totally shattered on one half, causing the strings to unreel.

I wrote in to TW and they sent me a new reel with no questions asked, no need to return to original reel and at no extra cost. This is what I call great customer service and I'm hooked on TW. I also think that it was covered my insurance so it was replaced with no questions asked, and also based on trust. BTW, the replacement came packed with special instructions in bubble wrap in a cardboard box.

I highly recommend TW!

Jon

Steve Huff
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Put it in a sandwich bag. Peel the label off the ProHurricane box and put it on the outside of the sandwich bag. It's not really that tough.

ajspurs
10-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey pal, I was in your position about a month ago. Mine was Pro Hurricane Tour 17 and the same thing happened to me. Anyway, I finally got it rolled back up with the assistance of my dad, got it contained in the container it came in (definitely not perfectly), and had it put into my PD+. It was fine. Don't worry about it. When you get it back together (which will be a pain in the butt), just have your stringer do it like they always do. It'll be fine.

Yea its pretty annoying, at least you got urs put in ur PD, well, i just managed to put it back in the box, the strings put up a big struggle but I overpowered them to box them back in:D and will probably get them put in my RDX300 2moro, but im woried that the stringer wont do it, its got quite a phew kinks in it and like you, it definately wasnt put back in the box perfectly, and rather than starting a new thread, what tension should i string it at, i was thinking 58lbs, is that too high? or should i go for 56lbs?

Cheers in advance.