PDA

View Full Version : Good string besides the ALU and Hurricane

Noire
10-12-2006, 07:01 AM
This sucks,

I went to 3 sporting goods store and I can't find any Lux or Babolat strings. any other good strings besides the two? today I bought the Head Synthetic Gut PPS 16 even though I want to buy the Toalson Thermaxe 130(they said its the same a the Big Banger)

My old string is Head IntelliTour 16 String and my racket is Head iRadical OS

Ripper
10-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Lux BB ORIGINAL.

Noire
10-12-2006, 08:05 AM
^I forgot, any babolat or Lux strings are rare/not available in my area. the only brands that are available are:

Yonex
Prince
Wilson
Gamma
Dunlop
Toalson
Head

Ripper
10-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Yeah, then, go with the Toalson they suggested. If it doesn't have to be similar to Alu, you have many other options for good strings, within those brands.

Johnsw92
10-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Wilson Enduro Pro is almost exactly the same as alu. Wilson merged with Luxilon or bought them out im not really sure at the beginning of the year and Wilson came out with enduro pro which is pretty much the wilson version of alu power.

jackson vile
10-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Give this string a try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mrNIxttVw

LN_Dad
10-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Give this string a try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mrNIxttVw
so what string would that be?

jackson vile
10-15-2006, 08:03 AM
LOL what the heck happend LOL:cool: Here you go http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACPK-PKIQXT17.html

LN_Dad
10-15-2006, 08:24 AM
LOL what the heck happend LOL:cool: Here you go http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACPK-PKIQXT17.html
Reasonable price. What does it play like?

WhiteSox05CA
10-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Sporting goods stores like sports authority, or Dick's Sporting Goods usually don't carry Babolat products at all, and I've never seen them with Luxilon either. I only see these brands at tennis specialty stores.
________
GLASS WEED PIPE (http://glasspipes.net/)

Big Fed
10-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Wilson Sensation are comon were i live.

Steve Huff
10-15-2006, 01:54 PM
You listed Head as one of the available strings. What are you looking for that you didn't like about the IntelliTour strings? More power? More control? More feel? Every manufacturer has some good strings, but each makes different strings for different types of needs.

jackson vile
10-15-2006, 02:09 PM
You listed Head as one of the available strings. What are you looking for that you didn't like about the IntelliTour strings? More power? More control? More feel? Every manufacturer has some good strings, but each makes different strings for different types of needs.

Bingo! that is some very sound perspective

Noire
10-15-2006, 10:18 PM

My Old string,Intellitour, is just free when I bought my racket and I just broke the string last week(that string was strung in my racket for a long time since I stopped playing for a year). I can't find any Intellitour strings anymore in my area so I'm looking for a new string.

Probably, I'm looking for a string that has the same benifits of the intellitour or better. I tried Big Banger ALU Power with my coach's racket and I like it.

I'm going to wait for my string to broke out then I'll buy another string.

Steve Huff
10-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Head still makes it. You said your dealer carries Head strings. Just ask him to order some for you. Or, you can order it yourself from TW, and have him string it. He'll probably charge you about $10 labor. It's unique in that it is a polyolefin string (not polyester). It has a dead feel, but is soft and has some power. If he has other Head strings, you could try RIP Control or just about any Head string that has RIP at the beginning. It's a process of making the string strands flat, like ribbons, instead of round.

BstonBruin
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
have you ever tried out some prince synthetic w duraflex...best string for the money. imo

Noire
10-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Head still makes it. You said your dealer carries Head strings. Just ask him to order some for you. Or, you can order it yourself from TW, and have him string it. He'll probably charge you about $10 labor. It's unique in that it is a polyolefin string (not polyester). It has a dead feel, but is soft and has some power. If he has other Head strings, you could try RIP Control or just about any Head string that has RIP at the beginning. It's a process of making the string strands flat, like ribbons, instead of round.

I can't request something from that store since they stopped selling it for years now and since its big sporting goods store, they won't entertain any request.

but anyway, I'll wait till my current string broke out and will try another string. I'll try a Head RIP string.

just in case, I may want to try a different brand of strings. any suggestions? thanks :)