PDA

View Full Version : TournaGrip, which side

JimmyChapter
08-05-2004, 10:49 PM
For tournagrip does the part that is covered go on the outside or inside? I used Wilson Pro before this and I always put the covered side inside. So when I tried using Tourna Grip I put the covered part on the inside. Recently someone told me that I've been doing it wrong. Help?

asdf991155
08-06-2004, 12:27 AM
the coverside should go on the outside of the racket handle.

Eug
08-06-2004, 08:04 AM
My friend was doing the same thing recently. The side that is covered by the plastic wrap always is the side that you play with. Thats the reason they are covering it for you. This applies to overgrips only.

JimmyChapter
08-06-2004, 03:20 PM
even wilson pro?

nazer13
08-06-2004, 03:27 PM
I have wilson grips and theres plastic on both sides. I just spent the last hour putting one on because i didnt know which side was suppose to be on the outside

Eug
08-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Havent tried pro...is there any logo on it? logo's go on the outside. Also....try to feel both sides and decide which is the tackiest.

Young Pete
08-07-2004, 02:05 AM
for tournagrip recycle the old side by flipping it over and using the other fresh side for your next match.....

u get twice the amount of playability with tournagrip... :wink:

although i have to question tournagrip for its durability... :?

Eug
08-07-2004, 11:45 AM
I tried that tournagrip thing long ago. Does not work. Both sides are not the same.

Chanchai
08-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Umm... About the Wilson Pro Overgrips... The side with the plastic film goes on the outside. This is sort of implied at the very end (bottom end) of the grip where there is a sticky backing on the tip, opposite side of the wrap as the film.

Because of that, I'm assuming that the side with the plastic film goes on the outside of the Tournagrip as well (though that grip does not have a sticky end, or "tip").

-Chanchai

Rickson
08-10-2004, 10:02 PM
I just re-tournagripped my stick just now and like always, I put the side with the plastic film on it on the outside.

Young Pete
08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
anyone who has some knowledge of racquet sports and sports in general should immediately infer the grip side with a plastic film must be the one to use....isn't that the reason why manufacturers provide the plastic, for prior protection.

:wink: