PDA

View Full Version : i.prestige - early vs. late

kmadonna
08-06-2004, 06:29 AM
The USRSA lists two i.prestige mid sitcks - early and late. The late has a power rating of 1570 while the early's power rating is 2019. Does anyone know when the early models ended and the late models began? I hit with the nsix-one tour yesterday and was impressed with its stability, control and power, which is rated at 1931. The lack of power with the i.prestige mid is troubling at times and the nsix seemd to give me the extra pop w/o losing control. I assume that I have the late model b/c of the noticiable difference in power between my stick and the nsix. Also, are the early models available anywhere?

Tennis Guy
08-06-2004, 06:40 AM
I don't know the difference between them, but could you tell me the power level of the LM Prestige Mid?

Anonymous
08-06-2004, 08:10 PM
im not sure which is earlier, but if i recall the i.prestige either had a rubbery feeling black part or it felt painted. i think the rubbery feeling one is the older but im not sure.

!<-_->!
08-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Rubbery feeling one is indeed the earlier version. The paint would fade away and chip easily. Head later changed it later to a different type of paint.

uk_skippy
08-08-2004, 04:21 AM
I've got 4 of the later versions and had 1 of the earlier version. I even think there is a in-between version. Let me explain what I know:-

1) The earlier version has a rubbery finish to it which wears qwiker. It also has 'Made in Austria' printed on the side of the rqt. The centre locator at 12 o'clock position is a bar going across the frame. The the first two digits of the number on the butt cap maybe lower than 69.

2) The inbetween version is the same as the later version except that the center locator is still the bar as detailed above. The digits on the butt cap are between 69 &amp; 73

3) The later version is a 'normal' finish which doesn't seem to wear as qwikly. The 'Made in Austira' is on sticker stuck to the butt cap. The center locator is now a spot not a bar. The digist on the butt cap start with at 73.

I had one of the earlier versions i.Pres and found that it was heavier than my later versions. I still have 1 of the later versions and still find the swingweight is a bit higher than inbetween version.

When I'm looking to get some more of the i.Pres I always ask the seller for the following info- Is it a spot or bar; where is the 'Made in Austria' stated and what are the first two digits on the number on the buttcap.

If you also have i.pres and want to get more I'd check to see which version you have and make sure you get the same.

rooski
08-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Hmmmm...interesting. Do these changes also exist in the MP version? My i Prestige MP is NOT rubbery finished, does have the bar at 12 o'clock and the serial # starts with 66.

fuzzy balls
08-08-2004, 12:29 PM
thanks for the info.now I know why the paint chipped on my racket.I checked the #'s and mine starts with 63 and "made in Austria " is on the side.The power still feels low so the "newer " rackets must really have no power. I'm going to lower the tension to 58 and see what happens.

Ray Wong
08-09-2004, 02:41 AM
As I know these are at least three version of i-prestige, I have three, two of them are early version with rubbery paint and the other one is later version with normal paint, but the different of my later one is that 'made in Austria' painted on side of throat not a sticker on the butt cap. Although the later version feel little bit light, but I have weighted all my i and their weight are similar, I think the different is the balance, not the weight.
I have heard that the latest version(sticker 'made in Austria' on butt cap) not made in Austria.