PDA

View Full Version : Best String Combo - EVER!!!!!! (click here)

danlalane
10-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Okay - here it is folks, I have tested almost every string option known to man and I have found the one that works the best. Email me and I will sell you the knowledge for $1 - - (just kidding).

After trying every synthetic, poly and combo known to man in my Ncode 95 I have come to the conclusion that Hurricane (old school blue kind) 17g Mains 57lbs / Gosen Sheep Super Micro 16g 55 lbs is the ANSWER. I have played with this string setup for 3 months and I love the durability, spin, price, feel, control, serving, volleys everything. Only down side is you have to swing out - (but you should anyway) or the balls may fly.

When I say I have tried every combo I mean it, Alu, Gosen, cyberflash, Wilson, Babo, Klip, etc etc. Gut included. Try it you will not be dissappointed.

rscottdds
10-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Why do you use 16's for the x's? Have you tried the new Hurricane in the mains?
-Robert

jackson vile
10-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Not to burst your buble but I believe that this is that a lot of people use, some use lux instead, but Gosen is a great alternative to gut also great as a full string setup for cheap, and finally many use it with gut

Steve Huff
10-15-2006, 03:09 PM
I've strung this combo for people in the past. It's ok. Not much different than other poly/syn hybrids. I prefer SPPP and Prince Polygut to the Pro Hurricane though

danlalane
10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Haven't tried new hurricane. I have tried 17 crosses, prefer 16 for control.

Burst my bubble? I thought the idea of forums was to post experiences and questions. Save your breath next time or say something that adds value.

Kevo
10-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Burst my bubble? I thought the idea of forums was to post experiences and questions. Save your breath next time or say something that adds value.

Wow, that was ironic.

jackson vile
10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Haven't tried new hurricane. I have tried 17 crosses, prefer 16 for control.

You are new here and it shows, there is a search function, you are explaining in your title as if you have "made a break through/found something new and different"

I was very nice and told you that combo on many like it are very popular for around 5 years now.

If you had done what you should you would have seen an almost infinite posts on the subject.

No one said anything about not valuing your coments, so don't jump to conclusions

danlalane
10-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Okay - I promised myself I wouldn't stoop to banter but I just have to say one thing. I have a relatively low amount of posts but have been using this site a ton. I have done infinite searches on string, racquets, technique, fitness, you name it. I posted that message because I truly believe I have found a great setup, yes others agree, but wanted a snappy title so others wouldn't have to waste as much time searching the forum or worse trying all the strings that I have. BTW: I have recommended this setup to others who also like it very much. So this debunks the me only possibility.

jackson vile
10-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Okay - I promised myself I wouldn't stoop to banter but I just have to say one thing. I have a relatively low amount of posts but have been using this site a ton. I have done infinite searches on string, racquets, technique, fitness, you name it. I posted that message because I truly believe I have found a great setup, yes others agree, but wanted a snappy title so others wouldn't have to waste as much time searching the forum or worse trying all the strings that I have. BTW: I have recommended this setup to others who also like it very much. So this debunks the me only possibility.

Nothing to get upset about, if that's what your goal was then your title should have stated your exact setup, now if someone goes looking for information on this type of string setup with a title search to make it faster and less painfull they won't even find your post.

I'm glad you found a good string combo, good job

Keifers
10-19-2006, 10:30 AM
dan,
I appreciate your posting your reasons for starting this thread. It is great fun to find a string and tension combo that plays really well.

Would like to know the racquet(s) you've used this setup in. )Any weight and balance information would be appreciated.)

Many thanks.

danlalane
10-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Keifers, my pleasure ;) Personally I have only tried it in the Wilson ncode 95. I have suggested it to two friends, one with a rudondo and the other with a pure drive. This string works well with the ncode because the poly helps tame the power(w/ spin) and the gosen gives some control. I have tried other crosses with Hurricane and other poly mains, the gosen just seems to give the best all around effect. NXT, Excellarator, gut and others are also good just too expensive and not better than the gosen IMO.

SteveI
10-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Not to burst your buble but I believe that this is that a lot of people use, some use lux instead, but Gosen is a great alternative to gut also great as a full string setup for cheap, and finally many use it with gut

Hi,

I use Polylon SP 17 and Gosen OG..or Sweet 16... or

Late... Late... Late news... :-)

Steve