PDA

View Full Version : Stringing an O3 without a tablelock or a boomerang

bank5
10-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Is it possible w/out losing a lot of string tension? I've been waiting for my boomerang to arrive from Prince but it's taking longer than I expected.

MasterTS
10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Is it possible w/out losing a lot of string tension? I've been waiting for my boomerang to arrive from Prince but it's taking longer than I expected.

Stringing with a boomerang loses tension!!!!

Use your stringer's brake and you wont lose tension.

Steve Huff
10-15-2006, 01:56 PM
He's saying he CAN'T lock the turntable. What you have to do is hold the turntable in place manually as you pull the first half of the cross strings that are in the O3. It's not exact science, but with a steady hand, it's shouldn't be that hard either.

POGforEver
10-15-2006, 01:56 PM
How hard is it to string one without a brake because my stringer does not have one?

MTChong
10-15-2006, 02:23 PM
If it's hard for you to hold it there with one hand, you can just stand in the way of the racquet; I am sure that your body can withstand over 60lbs.

bank5
10-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I'll try standing infront of the turntable tonight and see how it goes. Do I just need to block the turntable for the top half of the O port crosses? I'll block the turntable and not the racquet so I don't cause any damage.

MTChong
10-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Either way should work fine - as long as there is some stopping force. Your body will essentially be replacing the turnstable stop. You do, however, have to be sure that you stop the turntable in the right location (with O3 racquets).

bank5
10-15-2006, 07:30 PM
It was a bit of a pain, but I was able to get the job done. At first, I tried to hold the racquet mount with my hand/body but the stringing machine was sliding on my table. I had to put the string machine on my rug, hold the machine and racquet mount with my feet, and tension it with my hands. I'm glad I only had to do this on a few O-ports. Needless to say, it'll be nice once the boomerange arrives.

jonolau
10-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Actually, before my booomerang tool arrived, I used to string my wife's O3 White without locking the tabletop. There wasn't too much variance when I measured the completed string job with a string tension tester.

ryohazuki222
10-15-2006, 08:46 PM
lucky for me when i strung it like this (out of complete ignorance)... it was a bit weird since i basically tensioned everything at a slant (didnt use a brake or boomarng... just tensioned as normal)... the person liked the string job.... so for consistency sake, i feel like i should just keep it up this way.... it doesnt damage the frame does it?

jonolau
10-15-2006, 08:53 PM
lucky for me when i strung it like this (out of complete ignorance)... it was a bit weird since i basically tensioned everything at a slant (didnt use a brake or boomarng... just tensioned as normal)... the person liked the string job.... so for consistency sake, i feel like i should just keep it up this way.... it doesnt damage the frame does it?
I suspect there might be a difference in pressure loading on the frame because of the slanted angle.

I'm wondering if Prince will void the warranty on frames strung without the boomerang?