PDA

View Full Version : Gosen OG Micro as the Mains

bank5
10-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Has anyone tried it? If so, how'd it feel and how long did it last?

ears
10-16-2006, 11:09 AM
I love the feel of 'em but they're only good for 6-8 hours. But hey, for less than a dollar a string job, who cares?

snoflewis
10-16-2006, 02:20 PM

personally, they have the best feel/durability combo of any of the synthetic guts i've tried. the stiffness/pop of the string is pretty much right in the middle between PSGD and babolat superfine play. the durability, however, is much better than either of those other strings. i personally like OG micro as it's both cheap and a good string.

theace21
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I use the 17 guage and I get any where from 6-10 hours. Plus it is so cheap, and play great. I like it better than PSGw/D.

neo
10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I used full Gosen OG Ship Micro Super JC, they played great at high tensions (58-60), comfort was excellent, and they lasted me about 25 hours.

aussie
10-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I use OG Micro 17 (generic) as a full string job and find it strings easily and plays as well as any other syn gut. At the price it costs, durability (which isn't bad btw) is not an issue.

onehandbh
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
I really liked the OG micro at about 67 lbs but unfortunately
it breaks too quickly, so I switched to
gosen poly comfort (mains at 60) and OG at 62 (cross) and
it feels pretty good and lasts longer.

steve d
10-17-2006, 11:06 AM
I recently tried the OG Micro 17 as a main after many times as a cross or a full job. I used RIP Control 16 as a cross. I normally get around 4 hours on a full Micro job (on a PT 280, 18x20). But I am already over 6 hours on the Micro/RIP Control, with no signs of notching.
I noticed while stringing that the RIP Control has a texture caused by the Polyolefine ribbons that are wrapped around the string. It slowed threading the crosses a little, but I think the texture is helping to keep the mains from moving side to side as they normally would. And since the RIP Control is softer than the Micro, they seem to be unable to initiate the notching process on the Micro mains.
The comfort and playability is good and the cost of the string is less than $5 per string job. I already consider it a successful experiment, and I look to have a lot more time to go.