PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good Adult Tennis Camp

kenshireen
10-16-2006, 07:31 PM
I live in Atlanta and am looking for a solid tennis camp for a week.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ken

Geezer Guy
10-17-2006, 07:15 AM
In my opinion, the best is the John Newcombe Tennis Ranch just outside of San Antonio, Texas. see www.NewkTennis.com

There are others closer to Atlanta. I've been to several on Hilton Head Island, and all were good. They were more of a tennis "resort" than a tennis "camp" though. Others along the South Carolina oceanfront islands are good too, but much more pricey. A friend and his wife went to Yonahlassee, and they said it was nice. It would be fairly close to you as well. Near Boone, NC, I think.

I have not been to any in Florida, but have a friend that's gone to Saddlebrooke several times and she said she learned a lot there.

Check this out for more ideas: http://www.TennisResortsOnline.com/trofiles/Map_MidAtlan.cfm

steve d
10-18-2006, 11:41 AM
I also enjoyed my time (Nov 02) at the Newcombe Tennis Ranch, and I am looking forward to going again someday.

Geezer, you mentioned a week where you were the only camper. Would you mind telling me when that was. You can click my profile and email me direct.

bleach
10-19-2006, 06:15 PM
I just got back from a week at Tops'L in Destin FL. It's really a tennis resort, but I got all the playing and instruction that I could handle. Plus the beach and surrounding area makes it really awesome.

brtennis
10-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Bleach,

Was you alone or being in a group? They don't really have a weekly program, do they? If not, what was the instruction you receive?

I love the white sand beach. Been to Sandestin resort three times but never been to tops'l.

Thanks,

Geezer Guy
10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I also enjoyed my time (Nov 02) at the Newcombe Tennis Ranch, and I am looking forward to going again someday.

Geezer, you mentioned a week where you were the only camper. Would you mind telling me when that was. You can click my profile and email me direct.

See posts 5 & 7 for a BRIEF recap of my first week at Newk's. Then see boxingguy's post #9 for a great in-depth review of his week. My week alone was a lot like his week alone.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=116540

Geezer Guy
10-23-2006, 09:05 AM

Oh - sorry. You said "Would you mind telling me when that was".

It was Sunday, Nov 30 thru Friday, Dec 5, 2003.

bleach
10-23-2006, 10:57 AM
I went with my family. They have clinics everyday. I also took a couple of private lessons, hit on the ball machine. But mostly I used their matching services to find someone to play with. I played every morning, went to the beach midday, played again in the evenings. You can arrange a special tennis package as well, but I just went down and winged it. It was awesome.