PDA

View Full Version : The racquet babolat needs to build

mileslong
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
i was hoping that the pure storm was going to be the racquet i was hoping to see from babolat but alas it just appears to be the zylon with a cool paint job.

i play the pure control and it is a nice racquet, great from the baseline and with kick serves, very good spin potential and solid with somewhat dampended feel which i like.

what i dont like is the thickish hoop and it is too stiff. i have been waiting for babolat to build a racquet that weighs around 12 oz with a thin hoop and more flexible than their other contributions. one that would good for a serve and volley game.

that racquet would be greatness i believe but i have been let down once again. first with the aero pro 2 x 4 and now the storm. i wanted this to be the perfect racquet but the storm left me all wet...

the end...?

AAAA
08-06-2004, 04:09 PM
It does look good but like you say Babolat has no current offering for players who prefer a heavier more flexible racquet.

David Pavlich
08-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Why not look at the Volkl C10 Pro? Its specs are very close to what you're looking for.

David

Cobra Tennis
08-06-2004, 10:30 PM
You can serve and volley with just about any stick, I do with my PD's. Just gotta flow with it.

mileslong
08-06-2004, 10:52 PM
i used to play the c-10 for years. i am now going to buy another and see if i still like it. volkl is coming out with the generation II version of the c-10 very soon. its already on their website. it looks like a cross between the c-10 and the tour 10 mp.

08-07-2004, 10:55 AM
I think its pretty sad what babolat is doing. I guess its good marketing though since its all almost geared toward tweener/beginner's, but man these racquets are going the wrong way. I wish they could just make 1 racquet at least with the weight of the PC but thats not ridiculously stiff.

Exci
08-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Ah, what can I say? If you don't like the stiff racquets, just don't touch them. Head was well known for having stiff racquets before Babolat arrived on the tour, so obviously there is a demand for stiff racquets.

Deal with it, Babolat has it's own style of designing racquets and that involves stiffness. Creating a racquet 'with at least the weight of the PC but thats not rediculously stiff' wouldn't just be a PC like racquet, but just another more common racquet.

It would lose it's touch, it's audience and it's credit. While Babolat may gain this way, they lose a lot as well. They're here to stay as a powergame brand and eventhough their aero concept didn't work with the aero tour, it sure shows what Babolat tries to do: innovation, not imitation.

And that's exactly what made them this big, innovation...

K!ck5w3rvE
08-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Fischer Pro 1 (non-Ft, Australian version). Perfect for what you want.