PDA

View Full Version : Help me string my Babolat Pure Drive Team

wfudeac
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm very confused because the tennis Warehouse website says to string it two-piece, while the babolat website and klippermate website say to string it one-piece or two-piece. Also, when I had a friend help me string it, we started the crosses at the top, whereas the babolat instructions say to start the crosses at the bottom...Does it really matter? Also, what are the advantages of stringing two-piece over one piece?

psp2
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm very confused because the tennis Warehouse website says to string it two-piece, while the babolat website and klippermate website say to string it one-piece or two-piece. Also, when I had a friend help me string it, we started the crosses at the top, whereas the babolat instructions say to start the crosses at the bottom...Does it really matter? Also, what are the advantages of stringing two-piece over one piece?

I wouldn't worry too much about 1 piece/2 piece deal. You can do it either way. If you're doing a 2 piece job, start the crosses from the top. If you're doing a 1 piece job, you weave crosses from the bottom. (I can't recall if the last mains terminate at the head or the throat...)

It's pretty much all the same.

Richie Rich
10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
you'll get different opinions on this but i'd be wary of stringing pure drive crosses from the bottom up. i've seen a couple crack due to the pressure this method puts on the top of the frame.

if doing one peice it's best to string AWL (around the world). on the PD that would mean skipping the last main and starting your crosses at the second cross at the top of the frame (you skip the first cross). string normally to the bottom, use the same string to string your last main and then your last cross.

a simpler way is just do 2 piece starting your crosses from the top down.

wfudeac
10-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I definitely plan to string using a two-piece, starting crosses from top-down, I just wondered why the Babolat site as well as http://www.sptennis.com/patterns/FramesOther1.html
would instruct me to use one-piece, and start crosses at the bottom.

So when I make my first loop at the bottom to bring my strings back to the top and begin stringing, do I clamp the main two strings that will be the left/right and then start using the tensioner for the next hole? I'm kinda confused on how to start

wfudeac
10-18-2006, 06:02 AM
BTTT, I would really like some information about how many strings to feed through the grommets before I begin tensioning. Also, with the mains, do I do 3 on one side, 3 on the other?