PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas Combo Le gripper problem

Rob_C
10-17-2006, 11:50 AM
I just got my Eagnas Combo 900 Le about a month ago and everything had gone well up until yesterday. I've mostly strung w/ Duraflex 17g, but I've strung with Gosen a couple of times I think also.

Anyway, yesterday I'm stringing with Babolat Conquest Syn Gut 17 ga and the string kept slipping thru the gripper on the tension head. So much so that I had to put a piece of paper in the gripper to increase the friction so it wouldn't slip. When I looked at the gripper, it was just smooth plastic, it wasnt a rough or textured surface as I was expecting.

Has anyone else had this problem, maybe even w/ other stringing machines? I'm thinking it should be possible to get a new gripper, I dont know how cost effective it would be. Is there a way to make the surface hold the string more securely?

Thanks.

dancraig
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
There is an adjustment screw on the outside end of the gripper. It sticks out to your right. I think turning it counterclockwise increases the gripper pressure.

Rob_C
10-17-2006, 12:11 PM
There is an adjustment screw on the outside end of the gripper. It sticks out to your right. I think turning it counterclockwise increases the gripper pressure.

Thanks. You seem to know alot about Eagnas machines, do you have one?

dancraig
10-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks. You seem to know alot about Eagnas machines, do you have one?

I think most lock-out tensioners have the adjustment screw.