PDA

View Full Version : ALU Power (+Rough)

WhiteSox05CA
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Can I get some feedback for the Big Banger ALU Power and the ALU Power Rough? What's the difference besides the texture? What is more popular or what do you prefer? Thanks...
________
SensualNatasha (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SensualNatasha)

alan-n
10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
I didn't notice a single difference between either with I used and occasionally play with it (in crosses only).

Rough is supposed to give a few % more spin in theory, in practice and on the court it isn't enough for me to notice any difference in spin or feel. I guess you have to generate the racquet head speed of Federer to really notice.

bsandy
10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
The rough just has dents in it.

After examining it, I can't imagine it adding any spin.

It does however see ever so slightly more flexable.

welcome2petrkordaland
10-17-2006, 06:42 PM
alan, just out of curiosity, what do you put on your mains when you have the rough on the crosses. i was thinking about doing that. have you ever put the rough on your mains?

welcome2petrkordaland
10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
i have used both the alu power and the rough and notice a huge difference. it really depends on how you swing at the ball, your grip, backswing length, follow through, racket head speed, etc.

i'm a 4.5/5.0 and tend to have extreme western grips on both wings with tons of top. i do take big cuts and, i guess, have a lot of racket speed. i get significantly more bite and topspin potential from the rough (obviously b/c of the little bumps).

alan-n
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I use thin mid sized racquets and prefer the mains to be soft strings. BDE 17G gut would be my first choice for the mains, if i'm out of it I'll settle for NRG2 17G. Lately I have not been playing on slower / higher bouncing tennis courts so I haven't been playing with the ALU cross setup. I'll likely switch back to the hybrid setup soon as this string job wears out, its a little bit easier to hit spin serves with the ALU crosses.

I've tried the poly setup on the mains and did not like it due to the harshness. I like venturing to the net and the dead feel of poly mains when volleying bothers me. Soft mains and poly crosses works for me though.

Fumoffu
10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
IMO the indentations on the Rough make it play slightly softer or make it seem to be a smaller guage than what it actually is (IE, play and feel like a 17 when it says 16L), but what do I know >_>