PDA

View Full Version : What would you rate Prince Premier with Softflex?

Tempyst
10-17-2006, 05:15 PM
I haven't seen people write much about the Prince Premier with Softflex much. Imo, it's a great string, strings don't move around as much and tension is still good after 2 weeks of playing.

BabolatFan
10-17-2006, 05:31 PM
I haven't seen people write much about the Prince Premier with Softflex much. Imo, it's a great string, strings don't move around as much and tension is still good after 2 weeks of playing.

I'm planning to try the softflex too. It's supposed to be a really decent multi string according to other threads. Besides the price is reasonable. I'll post my own review nextweek.

Valjean
10-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Here is the USRSA's Premier playtest to start off with: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/PSF16/PSF16Review.html

jcstennis
10-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I strung my pro staffs with this stuff (17g - full job)... it's ok for a multi. i now use NRG2 @ 17g. On the pro staffs I strung the PPSF @ 64 lbs... and the strings moved around. After every hit i was digging in to move 'em back. I believe the reason for that was the coating on the string. On my one stick after about 8 hrs of normal play the string started to fray, just a bit in a small area. Growing up i used Prince strings... they make very good strings. These strings are good, but i like the tecnifibre multi better. The PPSF may be good in a hybrid set up. Good luck!

Valjean
10-17-2006, 07:07 PM
You just needed to use string savers, then.

Greg Raven
10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Actually, the report on USRSA's string playtest of Prince Premier is located here:

http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200403/prince_premier.html

Valjean
10-18-2006, 03:12 AM
Now, which *web site* matters, too!?? Perverse.

LoveThisGame
10-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Premier is an excellent string, but much better if you are more of a flat hitter.

The "thick" polyurethane outer wrap is a factor. When strings move, they don't move back easily because of this. Finger tips and nails do not move it back. I've used a tool to move the string when playing with it.

I've turned to using it as the cross string in hybrids occasionally. It would be nice to use it for the mains, but ...

Wondertoy
10-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Premier is one of the nicest multis out there.

borrachodemierda
12-03-2006, 01:20 PM
May sounds strange but for me this string worked much better after a couple of hours, it lost that dampened feeling and played way more solid than just after strung. I tested the 16g at 59 lbs, on a shark lb MP. I guess you should go at a huger tension than ypur normal string. I would have called it "Prince Red Wine", better with age :)

Valjean
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM
You're right; I'm confirming this.