PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PD+ with Natural Gut

tennisfan23
08-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Anybody try this combo? I've been using just regular 16g Gamma synthetic in this stick but was wondering how Bab VS Touch would play in it . I have played with gut in other racquets and like the feel and power, but would natural gut be too powerful in this stick? I usually string my Pure Drive Plus at 60lbs. I'm using it at it's stock weight minus my overgrip and vibe dampener. Also, is it true that Natural Gut is a bit heavier than synthetics? Any help would be appreciated.

tennisfan23
08-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Also, i'm not really a stringbreaker so I'm not overly concerned with string durability. BTW I'm a 4.5-5.0 baseliner.

Brent Pederson
08-06-2004, 09:03 PM
I did that once. I got two words for you buddy. Rocket launcher. If you're gonna do that plan to string it at about 70.

Most of the pros who use the pd string it with poly mains, and either poly or gut crosses. Full gut on this racket is like letting Hunter Thompson loose in the prescription pharmaceutical area of Walmart. Expect craziness!

dantyem108
08-06-2004, 09:19 PM
LMFAO

Cobra Tennis
08-06-2004, 09:27 PM
I use Natural gut in my PD standards, however my frames weigh a lot more than stock, and I string my gut around 67-70 lb range. It feels good as long as it doesnt lose too much tension. Once it loses that tension, it becomes the "rocket launcher". Try stringing it up, if its stock, I would sday more than my 67 lb range.