PDA

View Full Version : Core 1 no. 6...where'd it go?

Koz
08-06-2004, 06:55 PM
How come I never see any posts about this racquet? Does anyone use it? How does it play compared to similar racquets? How does the wood spine feel? There was a little bit of hype when it was first being released, but since then I haven't heard anything.

jayserinos99
08-06-2004, 10:00 PM
I demoed from TW a while back along with the VEngine T10 MP. It played alright for me although the top of the frame produced some vibrations that hurt my arm. I think it was strung a little too tight but overall a decent racquet. My current racquet is the Tour 10 like you Koz and between the two, the PK stock weight was hefty and it was fairly stable with a somewhat comfy feel if I hit the sweetspot. IMO, I really didn't find anything outstanding with the PK and thus didn't switch to it. I really do believe if this racquet was strung a bit lower, it would've helped with the comfort.

louis netman
08-06-2004, 10:32 PM
I'll second your commentary exactly, Jayserinos99. The PK was really sweet when the ball was hit the exactly in its rather low sweet spot. Balls hit slightly higher hurt my arm. Nice heft and decent feel. I would experiment with this stick by using gut at mid to low tension...

BreakPoint
08-07-2004, 07:47 PM
The Core #6 had a very small sweetspot and felt too flexible in the head and thus vibrated way too much. It really did feel like you were playing with an old wood racquet. I also couldn't hit a volley to save my life with the thing. I'm usually a pretty good volleyer but felt absolutely defenseless with this racquet up at the net.