PDA

View Full Version : questions on stringing different racquets

raiden031
10-18-2006, 06:57 AM
http://www.stringforum.net/stringingguide.php

I'm trying to learn the correct way to string racquets, and when reading this instructional guide, I'm not sure I understand the logic.

1) It says if you have 18 mains and 6 in the throat or 16 mains and 8 in the throat you use one piece stringing. If you have 18 and 8 or 16 and 6 you use two piece stringing. Is this true and why? My racquet has 18 mains and 10 throat, what would I do? I bought it pre-strung with one piece stringing but I'm planning to restring it soon and I'm wondering what is best. Does it really matter for any racquet whether you use one or two piece?

2) It says if you have 8 mains in the throat, you start your main stringing off-center by two holes? Is this true and why?

raiden031
10-18-2006, 07:20 AM
nevermind, I drew it out on paper and realized that these formations determine whether the last main ends at the top or bottom. I guess if it would end at the bottom I would need two-piece because I can't string crosses from bottom to top. Man I've learned alot in the past 24 hours.

Steve Huff
10-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Keep learning. If you want to do a 1-piece, but the mains end at the bottom, you can learn an around-the-world pattern.