PDA

View Full Version : new racquet for sort of new player

adult_squid
08-06-2004, 07:40 PM
of these racquets which is the best for me

Head Ti S1 Tennis Racquet, Head Ti S2 CZ Tennis Racquet, Prince ThunderCloud Titanium, Prince Triple Threat Hornet Racquet, Prince Triple Threat Bandit, Wilson Pro Staff Extreme 6.7 Performance Frame, Head Ti Heat CZ, Prince Triple Threat Warrior, or the Wilson Pro Staff Torch
to see them all, go to the sports authority website and look up the cheapest performance racquets

i chose these because they are in my price range and are in sports authority (i have a sports authority 15% off coupon and a gift card)

im more of a baseline player but im starting to volley more because it seems easier to get points that way

TennisBoy
08-06-2004, 08:12 PM
TT warrior is a good baseline racquet, but i heard it is prone to breakage at the neck. I own an OS TT bandit, and i would consider it a good baseline racquet, it allows u to rip through the ball well, although it could use some lead tape. The hornet is also a decent racquet for the price. If you're more of a beginner, the thundercloud comes highly recommended also.

ClemsonTennis9
08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
all of your racquets are pretty high in power except for the TT Warrior and the Wilson Pro Staff 6.7, and since you are a new player i wouldnt start out with a racquet with as little power as those.
My pick would be the Prince Bandit or the Prince Hornet.

adult_squid
08-07-2004, 05:21 PM
hey thanks for the replys
so which one should i go for?

Shane Reynolds
08-07-2004, 07:11 PM
I would go for the Hornet because it is light but has a higher swingweight. This will make it more stable for you and it should ease you into transitioning to heavier racquets later.