PDA

View Full Version : Unique Big Hitter

muggy
10-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I was looking at the review of this poly on TW and it was quite favorable. The playtesters liked it, said it was soft for a poly, but was durable and the strings didn't move. It's not too expensive and I wanted to try this string out in a hybrid.

Anyone here have experience with this string? I wanted to go with a thinner gauge (I'm using aramid mains at 19g right now), but was wondering how this affects the play of this string and how well it holds tension. Any help is appreciated.

Richie Rich
10-18-2006, 11:51 AM
i've used a few sets of it. it's similar to luxilon alu. some people say the big hitter is lower powered but I didn't notice any difference. string don't move. tension maintenance is avg. after about 20 hours of use i cut them out anyway as the strings go "dead" and lose their playability.

bottom line, for the price it's a great string. also check out topspin cyber flash. it's cheap and plays similar to luxilon alu as well. i haven't hit with it yet but there have been some good reviews about it by others.

Nuke
10-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I used both and Cyber Flash is pretty similar to Big Hitter, but perhaps holds tension a bit better. Cyber Flash is a slightly more expensive than Big Hitter for a single set, but CF is much cheaper if you buy a reel (does anyone sell Big Hitter in a reel?), so that's what I'm playing now.

patrick922
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
big hitter is a pretty good string. i used about 2 string jobs with it and it felt pretty good. however it was pretty stiff so i put it on a hybrid and it felt ok. another down side is it does lose tension pretty quickly