PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Purists...

Matt21
08-07-2004, 06:28 AM
I just recently demo'd the LM Prestige MP and love it. It feels like butter in my hand (I almost forget I'm holding a racquet), but does not have a buttery price. I can get an i.Prestige MP for $99 so I have to ask... is the LM Prestige that much better than the i.Prestige (better enough to justify paying a hundred more bucks for it)?

BTW (I also demo'd an nCodeSixOne 90 and thought it was too powerful compared to the LMPrestige and also found it less manueverable).

Flatspin
08-07-2004, 07:45 AM
This reply isn't a criticism of the LM Prestige. My son uses the LM Prestige mid and likes it alot Of course, this allows me to hit with it often. I found the LM a very fine racquet. It certainly represents Heads emphasis on a high performance player's type of frame. The LM Prestige feels alot like the Classic that I used in the past. Great frame. The i Prestige is one of those racquets that you either love it or don't. It has quite a different feel than the Prestiges have had throughout the evolution of the Head Prestige frames. The i Prestige mid has a more subdued feel. All the feed-back is still present in the i Prestige but much more subtle. The i Prestige, for me, has a very quick response ...... I describe as that extra "pop" when you strike the ball. The LM Prestige has more of the flexy traditional feel. I find either frame plays equally well with the biggest difference in the area of feel. Personally, I prefer the i Prestige and would buy the i Prestige mid again if both were priced equally. Now one can tell you what you prefer in the area of feel. It's such a personal preference. Either frame, IMHO, represents the pinnacle of high performance frames available to the demanding player. Demo ..... demo ...then make the best choice for you between the two Prestiges.

Pro_Tour_630
08-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeh I too love the i..... MID.... but prefer the old original.... MID..... to the LM.... MID. I know..... I know I am not comparing apples to apples (iprestige MP to LM prestige MP) but hope this helps. :roll:

whozon3rd
08-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I would have to ditto Flatspins comments between the two, the LM comes closer to the classic than the iPrestige. But there's always hope TW could bring the Classic back. :D If you liked the LM go with it, I think you'll find the iPrestige a step back.