PDA

View Full Version : Any nCode Tour 90 regrets?

FireSon
08-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Well I got my nCode tour demo this week! played with it for three days straight and kind of making up the score at this moment. My current racket is a PS Tour 90 with which I played for little more than a year.

The thing I liked best about the n90 is the serve. Caused probably by the lesser swing weight, I could generate more racket speed and got more speed on the first serve. I could really find a 'groove', something I seldom had with my t90. The ground strokes were very comparable to the t90, same stability but more power and easier to swing. On the return of serve this power caused some difficulty to keep the ball in play.

I can also understand the talk about the 'muted' feel a lot better now. I am still figuring out whetter or not this feels 'bad' to me. At least the feel was consistent, so I think I can get used to it.

Well basically I would like to know if someone who initially was (very) positive about the n90, has had regrets. Maybe has switched back to his original racket? Or maybe just some remarks and success stories after playing with it for a month..

dcheung
08-08-2004, 02:30 AM
Have the same experience like you, the N90 (L version) feels like the SL version of T90, weighing 356g after strung. Even after leading it to 370g near my T90 (372g), the swing is still faster than with the T90 making some of my return and forehand shots early and rocket fly. I guess I either spend some time to adjust my stroke or stick with T90, especially the price of T90 now is very attractive.
David