PDA

View Full Version : Babolat VS Gut/Thermogut Ballfeel...is there really a difference??

chair ump
10-20-2006, 10:57 AM
As the title states...I'm interested in knowing if there really is a noticable difference between Bab VS Gut and Bab Thermogut Ballfeel (tonic). Thanks for your input!

LttlElvis
10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
From what I have been told by a couple of MRTs:

The Babolat VS Guts 15g, 16g, and 17g have gauges (thicknessess) that are more precise. When they are manufactured, the thickness and coating are uniform throughout the whole string. The string and coating are the exact guage.

Babolat Tonic stings are more average gauges, The Tonic Ball Feel is approximately 16 g throughout. The Tonic 15 Longevity is about 15 g throughout. Both have variances in thicknesses and the coating is varies also.

I used to use Babolat VS 17g. I switched to Babolat Tonic 16g. I can put a little more spin with the VS 17g. The Tonic 16g feels good, slightly less spin, but lasts me twice as long. I have found the Tonic to be worth the $10 difference since I go through many strings. I get 12 hours out of VS 17g and twice that for Tonic Ballfeel.