PDA

View Full Version : natural gut VS pro hurricane tour

MonkeyMan123
10-21-2006, 07:49 AM
can anybody compare the 2

looseswing
10-21-2006, 08:01 AM
They are really entirely different strings and fit different players. Do a search on poly and another one on natural gut to see which one could fit you better.

Faber
10-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Yep big difference in feel, power, spin and durability.

I've used full PHT and full natural gut.

as well natural gut with PHT crosses.

I prefer the hybrid because of the extra spin.

kchau
10-21-2006, 08:39 AM
put them together and be happy :D

Richie Rich
10-21-2006, 09:39 AM
put them together and be happy :D
just please, please don't put gut in the crosses. that would be a serious waste of money

power_play21
10-21-2006, 03:47 PM
just please, please don't put gut in the crosses. that would be a serious waste of money

i dont think so. softens the stringbed, especially if you have a stiff frame, like the pure drive roddick, and you want spin and power as a main objective, but also want to soften up that stiffness.

Richie Rich
10-21-2006, 04:45 PM
i dont think so. softens the stringbed, especially if you have a stiff frame, like the pure drive roddick, and you want spin and power as a main objective, but also want to soften up that stiffness.

i realize the need to soften the stringbed but there are many cheaper options other than gut. gut would be the absolute last thing i would put in the cross, unless money is no object for people.

Rabbit
10-21-2006, 05:17 PM

One big agree here. Unless you get it for free, or have money to burn, you can get a good multi to do the work of a cross.

kchau
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
whats so bad about gut in crosses? so many people do it, i feel a differences with that vs livewire.. i had pro hurricane in my crosses once and it hurt.

Nextman916
10-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I love Nat gut in the crosses, softer multis do the job well but never soften the stringbed as much. I would never pay for Babolat Nat gut tho, its much too expensive, though being really nice. If you buy Klip X-plosive which is hybrid with K-boom Poly and Nat gut in one set for $19.99. Its a really great bargain for durability/playability.

raftermania
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes, Peter North and Hugh Hefner without his pills.

Richie Rich
10-22-2006, 02:54 AM
whats so bad about gut in crosses? so many people do it, i feel a differences with that vs livewire.. i had pro hurricane in my crosses once and it hurt.
there is nothing bad about it, just that around 80% of the feel comes from your main strings. if you have poly mains gut will definitely soften up the poly but it's expensive for 20% of the feel. gut is so good and expensive why use it for crosses?

kchau
10-22-2006, 09:53 AM
i was told that the feel comes from the cross strings...

Richie Rich
10-22-2006, 11:46 AM
i was told that the feel comes from the cross strings...
i meant playing characteristics. feel probably wasn't the proper choice of words.

Will888
10-22-2006, 12:26 PM
you guys are having different answers. I'm getting confused on which one is true...

Richie Rich
10-22-2006, 02:16 PM
you guys are having different answers. I'm getting confused on which one is true...
let me put it to you this way - if you have the money and want to use gut in the crosses go ahead. there is nothing wrong with using it. i just wouldn't pay for expensive gut to be used in a cross that has little impact on the performance of the stringjob.