PDA

View Full Version : jonolau: locating a shop in sg

milo
10-21-2006, 09:08 AM
hey jon, do you know where to buy luxilon big banger alu power rough and signum pro poly plasma in sg? and i'm also looking for reel of syn gut. i need to know the exact place and the cheapest price since my gf is going to visit sg soon. i'm not going though.
i remember that transworld sport in queens (eric lim) carry luxilon. if it is possible can you help with the lowest pricing also. thx ;)

milo
10-21-2006, 09:53 AM
do you know the place to buy the cheapest price for rds 001 mid and pro kennex redondo mid??

jonolau
10-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi milo, Transworld seems to be the only shop carrying SPPP. I would advise you to buy a reel from overseas instead as Eric also does the same.

If you want lowest pricing for strings, it's best to get it from overseas as buying from shops here will involve double/triple handling costs. I also found it more worthwhile buying from TW and combining shipments.

Eric carries the RDS001 Transworld Sports & Stringing Service Centre @ Queensway Shopping Centre, #02-39L/39M. Tel: (65) 64797016. Deal only with Eric, he is more friendly than his wife as her mood is unpredictable and changes like the weather ;) .

Pro Kennex is only sold at Pacific- Entermark Sports. They are located at 200 Jalan Sultan, #04-08 Textile Centre. Tel: (65) 62941960. Look for Mr. Chua Beng Chuan a.k.a. "Ah Chuan".

Hope this helps.

milo
10-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciated it. I guess i should try to buy a reel directly from TW. Btw which reel do you recommend for a cheap one (syn gut)? Is it gosen og micro?

jonolau
10-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciated it. I guess i should try to buy a reel directly from TW. Btw which reel do you recommend for a cheap one (syn gut)? Is it gosen og micro?
No problems, milo. Gosen OG Micro is a good syn gut to get, value-for-money and plays well. Some friends here have bought it directly from TW and they like it. Whilst you are ordering from TW, I would also suggest that you consider buying the 30 pack white Wilson overgrips which are very popular and feels great. If you like Tournagrip, TW's 30 pack is also good value, but get the XL as the standard seems to be a little too short. I bought both types to replace my customers' overgrips as a service.

milo
10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, how much do you pay for the shipping cost if you buy strings and overgrips? I don't need it to be fast, so what is the cheapest shipping cost to sg? I haven't tried the gosen og micro, is it durable enough? I usually breaks string (syn gut) about 1-1,5 months playing 2-3 times a week.
About the overgrips, actually i prefer the wilson overgrips. Tourna is really sucks in terms of durability. Btw do you have a shop? or what kind of service do you offer? Do you coach tennis to others?

jonolau
10-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi milo, what I can suggest is that you go to TW's site to create a shopping cart with the items you want (without giving payment details), then you can find out what is the final shipping cost with the different options to your destination.

I do not own a shop, neither am I professional coach (yet ...). I'm a home stringer who does it passionately as a hobby.

I agree that Tournagrips do not fare well in durability, but no other overgrip comes close when it comes to a damp grip. One tip is to turn the grip over to the other side when it get worn down. This will prolong and double the life of the overgrip.

milo
10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow, so you own your personal stringing machine. how much did you get it? about the shipping, i've already know that. but it seems that you can't calculate any shipment method and shipping cost to Indonesia. It is not in the option.
From what i have seen on your sig, you are using poly strings. do you use full poly setup? or you make it a hybrid with other strings?

jonolau
10-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow, so you own your personal stringing machine. how much did you get it? about the shipping, i've already know that. but it seems that you can't calculate any shipment method and shipping cost to Indonesia. It is not in the option.
From what i have seen on your sig, you are using poly strings. do you use full poly setup? or you make it a hybrid with other strings?
I am using a full poly setup. I have tried a hybrid with syn gut before, but found that setup too mushy. I like the stiffness of poly and the feel of the ball impacting on the strings. Some of my customers find that too harsh, and I hybrid for them.

Let me know if I can help you with buying strings and I can probably send it by airmail to Indonesia from here.

milo
10-24-2006, 09:51 AM
I've never used a full poly setup on my n6.1 90. But i have consideration to that option. When i used my pd backthen, i used full poly at 65lbs. It is nice and the strings don't move around to often. Thx for the offer, i'll email you if i need any help. Thx again.

milo
10-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Btw do you know what the difference paying by paypal than the regular? Can you explain it to me. Thx

milo
10-25-2006, 08:34 AM
What is your stringing machine? How much did you buy it?

jonolau
10-25-2006, 08:42 AM
For me, I find the benefit in using PayPal to pay for items on **** without revealing my credit card details to small individual sellers. At the same time, they also provide purchase insurance on items, depending on the seller's rating.

As for my stringing machine, I bought a secondhand 4 year old Gamma Progression ST II crank machine for about US$380. It was a real bargain because to buy that model brand new shipped to Singapore would be about US$968.

milo
10-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Thx for the info...