PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid stringing with aeropro

MonkeyMan123
10-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I have an aeropro drive. I was wondering....What would be better, full natural gut ( vs team 17 ) or a hybrid of that with gut mains and babolat pro hurricane tour crosses? If i did do the hybrid, which one would i change tension on or could i keep it the same on both?

By the way, i am looking for spin and comfort

Valjean
10-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Here is someone who believes he is eligible to try out a full natural gut setup, but says he is open to a poly-based hybrid as well.

And, the "school solution" is to say "natural gut, naturally!"

What I would like to know is if anyone answering this poster and recommending a hybrid is able to do that now on any basis but the respondent's own preference....

Richie Rich
10-21-2006, 03:04 PM
I have an aeropro drive. I was wondering....What would be better, full natural gut ( vs team 17 ) or a hybrid of that with gut mains and babolat pro hurricane tour crosses? If i did do the hybrid, which one would i change tension on or could i keep it the same on both?

By the way, i am looking for spin and comfort
is durability any part of the equation? what strings do you use now? what d oyou like and dislike about them?

power_play21
10-21-2006, 03:32 PM
if you change tension, change 1 or 2 lbs tighter on the nat gut crosses (assuming you put it on crosses) b/c nat gut loses about that right after restringing, and then maintains that tension for a long time.

MonkeyMan123
10-21-2006, 09:31 PM
:rolleyes: Here is someone who believes he is eligible to try out a full natural gut setup, but says he is open to a poly-based hybrid as well.

And, the "school solution" is to say "natural gut, naturally!"

What I would like to know is if anyone answering this poster and recommending a hybrid is able to do that now on any basis but the respondent's own preference....

I dont know exactly what you mean but if im annoying u im sorry and u dont have to reply to my posts...I admit they are pretty stupid....I have found what strings i like anyhow....full vs team 17 is truly the greatest

plarazza
10-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Have a go at the natural gut if you feel but remember it isnt very durable and could break sooner then you think

Valjean
10-22-2006, 03:45 AM
:rolleyes:

I dont know exactly what you mean but if im annoying u im sorry and u dont have to reply to my posts...I admit they are pretty stupid....I have found what strings i like anyhow....full vs team 17 is truly the greatest
Your post isn't "stupid" at all. You need to know, but to know you need to ask.

Here is from "fresh" information on gut for you, too: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Naturalgut.html