PDA

View Full Version : Monterey California?

Will888
10-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Is anyone at or planning to go to Monterey California?
Just curious.

Will888
10-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I have a feeling that Monterey is a very popular place for tennis players.....:rolleyes:

atatu
10-22-2006, 03:21 PM
I went about three years ago, mostly to take my kids to the aquarium, I brought my rackets, but never got to play...

theace21
10-22-2006, 05:28 PM
I went about three years ago, mostly to take my kids to the aquarium, I brought my rackets, but never got to play...
Get to the aquarium, they have a great white shark in the tank. Don't know how long they will keep it...

TheSnowMan
10-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah the aquarium is pretty nice.

Duzza
10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah the Aquarium kicks *****! also don't drink the water.

Phil
10-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I have a feeling that Monterey is a very popular place for tennis players.....:rolleyes:

I don't know about the tennis, but Monterey has very good cheese. It's made by a gentleman named JACK.

GRANITECHIEF
10-23-2006, 10:22 AM
John Gardners tennis ranch is pretty cool. I think that is near monterey.

Will888
10-23-2006, 11:26 AM
John Gardners tennis ranch is pretty cool. I think that is near monterey.

my best friend was the grandson of John Gardner, and practically lived there. And it's in Carmel, but Monterey county.

I don't know about the tennis, but Monterey has very good cheese. It's made by a gentleman named JACK.

And yes that cheese is named after Jack and Monterey.:p

Dedans Penthouse
10-23-2006, 02:19 PM
What a coincidence.

Why just yesterday I drove him to the station and saw Jack off on the train.

Jack the Hack
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Get to the aquarium, they have a great white shark in the tank. Don't know how long they will keep it...

I was lucky enough to see it before it happened, but they released the Great White last summer. She had gained over 100 lbs and was getting too big for the tank. I also heard she was eating the other sharks...

Here's an article I found with a quick search:

http://sacunion.com/pages/california/articles/3675

Dedans Penthouse
10-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Don't know about tennis in Monterey, but south of there, there's a place in Big Sur called Ventana Inn--nice joint (recommend room #56 on left side of driveway heading up; private 3 unit condo with built in jacuzzi on the deck--you can "hang" in your birthday suit; very private). Nice dining at the Inn across the road from Vantana (on the ocean side); great views.

Easily the Carmel---Big Sur area is one of the most georgeous places on earth. Do obey the speed limits though....especially traveling southbound (cliff-side)........long way down :-)

Will888
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Don't know about tennis in Monterey, but south of there, there's a place in Big Sur called Ventana Inn--nice joint (recommend room #56 on left side of driveway heading up; private 3 unit condo with built in jacuzzi on the deck--you can "hang" in your birthday suit; very private). Nice dining at the Inn across the road from Vantana (on the ocean side); great views.

Easily the Carmel---Big Sur area is one of the most georgeous places on earth. Do obey the speed limits though....especially traveling southbound (cliff-side)........long way down :-)

I pass there twice a month, and yes it one of the most beautiful places in the world. It's so hard to leave when I go there. And I see the Ventana when I go up there. Haven't stayed there, but it has a awsome view.

If you go to Carmel/Carmel Valley, there are 3 huge tennis clubs that are very very nice and have some elite players there.

atatu
10-24-2006, 06:23 AM
When I was there, I was really tempted to call the local Petco posing as an aquarium employee and ask them to deliver 20,000 pounds of fish food, but my wife told me that wasn't funny...

theace21
10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I was lucky enough to see it before it happened, but they released the Great White last summer. She had gained over 100 lbs and was getting too big for the tank. I also heard she was eating the other sharks...

Here's an article I found with a quick search:

http://sacunion.com/pages/california/articles/3675
They have another one. Heard it on the radio a couple of weeks ago. They are not sure how this will be around. I heard the same thing, the fish started eating the other fish...that is why they released/moved it.

hxxp://www dot mbayaq.org/whiteshark/
Change the xx to tt and dot to .

Jack the Hack
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
They have another one. Heard it on the radio a couple of weeks ago. They are not sure how this will be around. I heard the same thing, the fish started eating the other fish...that is why they released/moved it.

hxxp://www dot mbayaq.org/whiteshark/
Change the xx to tt and dot to .

Wow, that's great!!!

(No pun intended...)

I agree with what you said earlier... if you are in Monterey and you have a chance to go to the aquarium, seeing a great white shark is worth it. As far as I know, the Monterey aquarium is the only place that has been able to keep a great white for any serious length of time... and they are impressive, even when they are babies like these two have been.