PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid with multisynthetic - bad idea?

bank5
10-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I read something that hybridding with multisynthetic string is a bad ideas because the poly will saw through the string. Has anyone tried this? I'm assuming it's true, so will probably stay away from it.

Richie Rich
10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
as an experiment i hybrid alu in the mains with babolat attraction as the cross. once the outer coating on the attraction was worn through it broke fairly quickly - 4 sets (approx 5 hours) of heavy hitting with good amounts of spin. it felt nice for those 5 hours but a solid core syn gut string would probably be a better choice.

by comparison i usually get 20 hours out of a full poly job befire the strings go "dead" and have to be cut out.

best way is to try it out for yourself - it may last you longer than me. couple packs of string aren't a huge cost.

bank5
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
best way is to try it out for yourself - it may last you longer than me. couple packs of string aren't a huge cost.

I'll give it a shot. I'm hoping to get about 20 hours out of it so we'll see how long it lasts.

Has anyone else tried using a multi on the X's w/ poly on the mains? Did the mains break first or the crosses and how long did it last?

TripleB
10-23-2006, 10:22 AM
I've heard the same thing but the Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 17g mains and Yonex Tour Super 850 Feel 16L is my favorite hybrid. No problems with premature breakage yet.

TripleB