PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Super Fine Play as Crosses

bank5
10-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Has anyone tried Babolat Super Fine Play as X's in a hybrid? How'd it feel? Does it maintain tension? I'm thinking about hybridding SPPP with some Babolat Super Fine play.

Richie Rich
10-22-2006, 02:19 PM
it's a basic syn gut string that will ose tension over time. bump it up a couple of lbs and you should be ok. the SPPP will lose tension also but maybe not as much as the BSFP. Have you used full SPPP string job already? How did you like the tension holding of the string?

bank5
10-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Have you used full SPPP string job already? How did you like the tension holding of the string?

I haven't tried SPPP as a full string job. I'm currently using SPPP as a hybrid right now w/ forten sweet. It seems to hold the tension really well. I'm also thinking about trying Wilson Sensation for the crosses.

jonolau
10-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I have 2 reels of Bab SFP as my bread-and-butter syn gut. It plays great and has a good amount of comfort for its price. As Rich said, it loses tension over time. So, what I've done for customers' SPPP 17L/SFP17 hybrids, I increase the cross tension by 2-3 lbs and they seem to like it very much.

An SPPP 17L/SFP17 hybrid offers good amount of control with comfort and playability.

snoflewis
10-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I have 2 reels of Bab SFP as my bread-and-butter syn gut. It plays great and has a good amount of comfort for its price. As Rich said, it loses tension over time. So, what I've done for customers' SPPP 17L/SFP17 hybrids, I increase the cross tension by 2-3 lbs and they seem to like it very much.

An SPPP 17L/SFP17 hybrid offers good amount of control with comfort and playability.

so what you guys are saying is that the SFP will lose tension faster than the SPPP? im kind of skeptical. i found SFP 17 to lose tension over time, but i dont know if it would be faster than the SPPP.

to the OP, i actually found gosen OG micro to play better as a synthetic gut string in general. it's way more durable and has more pop.

PBODY99
10-23-2006, 01:12 PM
I think what many on this board like about polys is the deadness of its reponse , they don't care about tension lost. With strings that have more inherent rebound power, a decrease in tension givwe a feel that a lot of the players with long rotary swings don't like. The reason to bump up the crosses a couple of pounds is to counteract the tendcy of polys to lose tension at the fastest rate of the common string construction.

To the orignal question, I found SuperFine Play to compare to the other plain snygut.

Richie Rich
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm also thinking about trying Wilson Sensation for the crosses.

IMO, Sensation is a garbage string. Just go with a good solid core syn gut - it will be cheaper than Sensation and you likely will get similar performance and better durability.

BTW, what don't you like about Forten Sweet that you want to change? If it works for you why not stick with it?