PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Natural Gut any good?

Fishbulb
10-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Is Wilson Natural Gut any good?
It doesn't have many reviews. I'm planning to use it with SPPP in the Mains and Wilson Gut in the crosses.

Or should i do SPPP in the Mains and NXT Tour in the crosses?

Noisy Ninja
10-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Yup, it's good quality gut strings. It's made by Babolat & rumours has it that it's simply repackaged Babolat VS gut. For some reason, I've heard from some of the retailers here that Wilson is no longer offering the string.
I strung my racquets Federer style with Wilson Natural Gut in the mains & Luxilon BB Alu in the crosses and the combination felt fantastic much easier on the arm than with a poly on the mains. Utilize string savers when the gut starts fraying and you'll get additional life out of the Wilson Natural Gut.

vinnier6
10-23-2006, 05:57 AM
compared to what??? wilson/babolat has no equal when it comes to gut...

psp2
10-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Wilson gut is fantastic. I just used some 17g in my PS85. The string was very smooth and felt amazing from the first hit.

PBODY99
10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Is Wilson Natural Gut any good?
It doesn't have many reviews. I'm planning to use it with SPPP in the Mains and Wilson Gut in the crosses.

Or should i do SPPP in the Mains and NXT Tour in the crosses?

If your pocket can stand it Give Gut A Try. The tension holding properties of the gut is far better than NXT, so you should maintane a consistent stringbed longer.:cool:

Fishbulb
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
I can get a pack for $55 AUD.
Should i put it in the mains or the crosses?

Faber
10-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Great string, I currently use a full job on my N6.1 Tour 90.

Richie Rich
10-24-2006, 02:42 AM
I can get a pack for $55 AUD.
Should i put it in the mains or the crosses?
do a search and you'll be able to read plenty of opinions for using gut in the crosses or the mains.

depends what you want. playability or durability. IMO, it's a waste of money to put gut in the crosses but if you can afford it go ahead and knock yourself out.