PDA

View Full Version : gosen OG 16 VS prince syn gut 16

qwerty66
10-23-2006, 07:25 PM
has anyone tried both of these strings on the same racket with the same tension and if so which do you like most
i have prince syn gut 16 on my lm prestige mi at around 58 lb and it's amazing in everything catergory
so please give me your input
thx:mrgreen:

aussie
10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
I've strung my Prince TT Scream with both Gosen OG sheep 17g at 62 and Prince syn gut with duraflex 16 at 62. I find that the Gosen at 1.22mm gives a much firmer stringbed at 62 than the PSGD at 1.29mm does. I preferred the softer stringbed of the PSGD over the Gosen at that tension, but it could well be different at lower tensions.

returner
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
can't go wrong with either one. i prefer gosen because it's cheaper.

bcsax123
10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I would say that Prince Original Synthetic is better than PSGD.

Other than that I think those two string are very nice strings, best string for thier price.

theace21
10-23-2006, 08:18 PM
can't go wrong with either one. i prefer gosen because it's cheaper.
Most average players won't know much difference, and for the money you can't beat the gosen...

rod_b
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
So either one in a hybrid with SPPP mains would be good?

qwerty66
10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
hey rod b do you live in poco?

SteveI
10-24-2006, 03:49 AM
So either one in a hybrid with SPPP mains would be good?

Rod...

I will go back to your question.. and yes both PSG and Gosen OG are great strings to use with as a cross string with SPPP. The OG plays a bit firmer than the PSG but both strings are great.. with the OG being the best buy. The PSG with Dura would not be my pick to hybrid with a poly. The Dura version of the PSG is stiff and on the dead side for my taste.. and is more expensive than the OG. Get a reel of the OG for $29 and forget about it.

Regards,
Steve

rod_b
10-24-2006, 05:12 AM
hey rod b do you live in poco?

Poco? Sorry, no. SGV, SoCal

rod_b
10-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Rod...

I will go back to your question.. and yes both PSG and Gosen OG are great strings to use with as a cross string with SPPP. The OG plays a bit firmer than the PSG but both strings are great.. with the OG being the best buy. The PSG with Dura would not be my pick to hybrid with a poly. The Dura version of the PSG is stiff and on the dead side for my taste.. and is more expensive than the OG. Get a reel of the OG for $29 and forget about it.

Regards,
Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll pick up a reel of OG. Do you happen to know if the "OG Micro" that TW sells is in fact the same as "OG Sheep Micro?" It says it's the same "quality" without the name printed on the string. :confused: Also, is it better to hybrid with 16g or 17g? I've got some SPPP 1.18 coming in. I've got 17g PSGD and thinking I should get some 16g Gosen.

SteveI
10-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the info Steve. I'll pick up a reel of OG. Do you happen to know if the "OG Micro" that TW sells is in fact the same as "OG Sheep Micro?" It says it's the same "quality" without the name printed on the string. :confused: Also, is it better to hybrid with 16g or 17g? I've got some SPPP 1.18 coming in. I've got 17g PSGD and thinking I should get some 16g Gosen.

Hi,

There has been talk about the reel of TW OG vs OG Sheep Micro.. I do not know what most folks have determined. I have used both and I can't seem to pickup the difference. Maybe create a post asking that question? There is also been tons of tlak about Hybriding with 16 vs 17.. again.. I do not seem to pick up the difference but other may feel otherwise.

Regards,
Steve

Young Pete
10-24-2006, 11:22 AM
there is a difference between the generic gosen micro 16 and individual packs of gosen og sheep micro 16.

the individual gosen og sheep pack i noticed is more smoother, buttery and plays just crispy enough not to be overly firm. there is a difference b/w the generic and expense gosen!!!!!!!!!

the psgd is an excellent string in reel or individual (there is no generic version)

i would give the edge to psgd 16 over the gosen 660 ft. 29 dollar generic in a heartbeat if you are stringing mains and crosses

if hybriding, i can't give advice.

LoveThisGame
10-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Mixing things up more :) :

PSGD is a stiffer string than I like to play with, and I prefer crisp string (but not stiff).

Gosen OG SM in sets does have a nicer feel than the that in the reels from TW. In either form, set or reel, it is a good string.