PDA

View Full Version : any1 have a crank assembly lying around after upgrading to a wise?

Young Pete
10-24-2006, 04:12 AM
i would like to convert my drop weight to a crank, if you have a spare decent crank assembly lying around and want to get rid of it contact me.

youngpete@hotmail.com

flash9
10-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Pete,

I think you would find it wiser to sell your drop weight and just purchase a new or used crank mashine. Ataching a crank to a drop weigh mashine would be extreamly hard to do. It would require welding at a minimum. :confused:

LttlElvis
10-24-2006, 06:23 AM
I agree. That is an extremely difficult task. You would have to weld a bar with a tension head track at the right height and angle. It would be so much easier to purchase a new or used machine.

I am impressed with the guys who upgrade their dropweights to a Wise Tension Head.

dlo
10-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Mutual Power will sell a basic crank for $150.00. It is not on the web site, but the owner told me they sell them.

Young Pete
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Mutual Power will sell a basic crank for $150.00. It is not on the web site, but the owner told me they sell them.

are u talking about just the crank mechanism? please let me know....

Young Pete
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
if anyone has a spare one i will gladly by it just to experiment....

thanks.

dancraig
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Maxline sells them too (Eagnas). I think most people that buy a Wise like to keep the crank as a backup.

theace21
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Might call/visit tennis machines dot com. They probably have several that they might make you a deal with. Those that bought a wise, like me, still need the bracket to mount the tension head. I would think you would need both...

Young Pete
10-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Might call/visit tennis machines dot com. They probably have several that they might make you a deal with. Those that bought a wise, like me, still need the bracket to mount the tension head. I would think you would need both...

i will fabricate my own mounting bracket. anyone????? im sure someone has one lying around???

flash9
10-25-2006, 05:03 AM
i will fabricate my own mounting bracket. ...
Pete,

You need both the crank and the flat gear bar (they work together) that attaches to the mounting bar. :confused:

http://i13.tinypic.com/42iverm.jpg

theace21
10-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Pete,

You need both the crank and the flat gear bar (they work together) that attaches to the mounting bar. :confused:

http://i13.tinypic.com/42iverm.jpg
That is alot of work! Good Luck.

hadoken
10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
i will fabricate my own mounting bracket. anyone????? im sure someone has one lying around???

It would be absolutely insanely stupid to try to upgrade your machine to a crank. As someone else mentioned, a crank needs to ride on a bar and typically the bar assembly is very heavy. Those typically are not sold as aftermarket parts nor should they be since they are designed to work with specific table trays.

If you really really want to upgrade just the tensioner, those small electronic tensioner heads from SP, Mutual Power or Eagnas would make sense. I think the Mutual Power is your best deal...you can always sell it on **** if you don't like it. The Wise custom job I saw on a tabletop was a bit overkill if you ask me, but whatever suits the user.

Milano
10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
If you do decide to sell your drop weight, email me at milanoy2k@yahoo.com was looking for a drop weight to start of with so just tell me what kind and how much you would like for it.

Young Pete
10-25-2006, 06:30 PM
the ace21 nice picture.

however, for those who have upgraded to the wise, im sure you have the full crank assembly sitting around. i will fabricate my own horizontal track (this is possible by welding some steel pieces) i just need the crank assembly with the gear track as ace21 says.

email me at youngpete@hotmail.com

the drop weight is not for sale yet..................

Young Pete
10-26-2006, 11:14 PM
if anyone has a spare prince neos / ektelon spring tensioner unit (crank) i will gladly trade it for tennis racquets or tennis accessories. please email at youngpete@hotmail.com

i already have the gear rail / track and stand.

anyone?

anyone?

Young Pete
11-05-2006, 12:09 PM
bump....................

varuscelli
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
I saw one of what I think you're looking for on the big auction site the other day (nearly new condition, looking as new). Went for over $100. This was the description:

PRINCE NEOS 1000 STRINGING MACHINE TENSION HEAD PART

Why don't you try a post to TW's Wanted forum? Couldn't hurt. You never know, but someone might see it and respond.