PDA

View Full Version : Fixed clamp upgrade

Pusher
10-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Is it possible to add fixed clamps to an e silent partner electric stringer?

I like the machine but I sure would like to dump the flying clamps.

Thanks

jj300
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
that seems impossible since you don't even have a table for the clamps. Are you talking about the first estringer or the other series? as long as you have a table but if you have the first cheapest machine with just the rod, I see no way of adding fixed clamps unless sp will let you trade in your machine for the higher level e stringer

Pusher
10-24-2006, 11:59 AM
that seems impossible since you don't even have a table for the clamps. Are you talking about the first estringer or the other series? as long as you have a table but if you have the first cheapest machine with just the rod, I see no way of adding fixed clamps unless sp will let you trade in your machine for the higher level e stringer

It has a table and if you look at the fixed clamp version it appears as if you could remove the mounting mechanism from the estringer and attach the fixed clamp version. Its probably not that simple but I thought I would ask.

Thanks

hadoken
10-27-2006, 08:58 AM
you are better off finding a used fixed clamp dropweight on auction and tacking on the e-head. They don't come up often but they do come up once in a while